Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Administration jobs, Secretarial jobs, Management jobs,
- Are you highly organised and people focused? Do you want a multi-faceted and exciting role? This could be the role for you!
- We are a global department spanning more 35 staff in more than 10 locations. We provide Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning support, technology, training, and other tools to our colleagues in 35 countries, six regions and five technical units.
- The Department Manager provides critical support to the team. They will be responsible for the smooth and efficient management of the our core business processes.
Communication and Knowledge Management (30%)
- Design and maintain our intranet pages and other communication material with new information and resources.
- Proactively share tools, success stories and learning with our colleagues across IRC, including through webinars, communities of practice, blogs.
- Ensuring the coordinated planning, delivery, and dissemination of work with other IRC teams, seeking out synergies and opportunities to collaborate wherever possible.
- Draft and copy edit team communications
- Lead periodic updates to key departmental resources
Project Support (25%)
- Support projects, including meeting support (scheduling, agenda setting, notetaking), updating work planning and task management software, copy-editing documentation and drafting and sharing project communications.
Portfolio Management (20%)
- Support the development of a department roadmap, ensuring our team and colleagues in other departments have a clear view of current work items and progress.
- Compile and share progress project updates
Unit Management (15%)
- Collaborating closely with the Team Administrator, organize the day to day running of the department, such as procurement, expense management, translation, staff onboarding, routine team meetings and distribution lists.
Event Management (10%)
- Lead logistical planning of occasional large events and workshops.
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Measurement Unit
Position supervises: Team Administrator
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (or equivalent additional work experience).
- 3 years related work experience.
- Experience of knowledge management and internal communication.
- Outstanding administrative skills, with a proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple streams of work.
- Proven writing and editing skills: the ability to draft memos & letters and edit reports and proposals.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, file sharing and intranet packages.
- Language skills, especially French, Spanish or Arabic would be an advantage.