Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
The internal auditor will conduct internal audits across IUCN Secretariat under the supervision of the Head of Internal Oversight. They will ensure IUCN is compliant to internal procedures, requirements set by major donor organizations and industry standards. They will help identify risks that affect achievement of the organization’s objectives; assess the adequacy of internal control systems to reduce identified risks; and recommend appropriate actions to reduce associated risks.
The Internal Auditor can be based in one of the following locations : Nairobi, Bangkok or Amman.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the following areas:
• Perform internal audits, including but not limited to, performance audits, financial audits, and compliance audits in accordance to the annual workplan.
• Identify discrepancies, risks, and other problems, and report findings to Head of Oversight and Senior Management; recommend appropriate corrective measures.
• Promote and provide trainings to IUCN staff on control measures, including but not limited to fraud awareness, whistle blower processes, and other internal control policies and procedures in coordination with the Head of Internal Oversight, HR, PPME and Finance.
• Assist units with development of corrective action plans (CAPs), and ensures CAPs are implemented and successful by performing follow up audits.
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; identify weaknesses in internal controls and/or process improvement opportunities and report them to the Head of Oversight and IUCN Senior Management.
• Communicate audit findings on a timely manner to the senior management
• Communicate with the Head of Internal Oversight when difficulties arise in completing the work within the assigned timeframe.
• Assemble draft audit reports, ensuring that all review notes have been addressed, and determining those findings deemed reportable to be included in the report or other findings to be handled verbally in the closing meeting.
• Identify any deficiencies within the auditing process and meet with appropriate staff to resolve such deficiencies
• As requested, review internal controls, policies and procedures for effectiveness
• The Internal Auditor will report to the Head of Internal Oversight based in Gland, Switzerland.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Accounting/Finance /Business, etc.) ideally with an MBA.
– Professional certification as an accountant, preferably CA, ACMA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent, professional qualification in finance and/or audit.
– 7+ years of audit experience in grant-related organizations.
– Knowledge and practical experience of business functions specifically relating to internal controls and information system audits, and internal audits covering management, legal and statutory compliance audits.
– Strong analytical skills and advanced modelling skills are desirable.
– Computer literacy, proficiency in the use of MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics, as well as accounting and ERP systems.
– Problem solver with keen attention to details and accuracy.
– Autonomous and capacity to work independently.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively and diplomatically negotiate with colleagues at all level of the organization.
– Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and prioritize accordingly;
– Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work productively both independently and in a multicultural and international team environment;
– Flexible work attitude and ability to meet unexpected demands;
– Excellent communication skills; and fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable.
– Outstanding standards of honesty and integrity, not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care
– Commitment to the values and mission of IUCN
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Closing Date: 24th October 2021