Unlock leadership Success
Empower yourself with leaderships skills
Find details here
Engineering jobs, Technical jobs,
Technical Product Specialist
Job Purpose / Objective:
- To deliver customer training/transfer product usage knowledge to internal/external staff/client as required
- Responsible for the profitability, product strategy, roadmap of products in portfolio
- Responsible for the overall success of the product and any improvement/transformational plans of product in portfolio.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Product Management Duties
- Define the product vision, strategy & roadmap
- Work closely with technical, sales, marketing and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Participate actively & works with marketing team in designing communication/marketing strategies of product(s)
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Estimate the consumer demand for the product, identify potential customers, stay informed of any competing products
- Develop pricing strategies and oversee product development
- Responsible for gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements
- Obtain feedback/challenges from clients about product periodically & debrief internal stakeholders
- Work with technical team with respect to prioritizing problem/issue resolution and for continuously enhancing the product. Maintain backlog of product(s)
- Drive the product concept and product requirements based on customer needs and ideas that come from various sources. Evaluate and prioritize the requirements and develop them into a feature set
- Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle advising management on which product to drop or enhance
- Work with marketing for product positioning, go-to-market strategy, messaging and product launch.
- Work with cross-functional internal team (sales, legal, marketing etc.) and partners.
- Develop an understanding of customer needs, industry market trends and competitive landscape.
- Gather market information to understand customer/product problems and design innovative solutions to translate them into revenue opportunities with assistance from requisite teams
- Continuously benchmark product with that of competition and ensure own product is better and adds more value
- Ensure all product documentation are accurate and up to date at all times
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success of the products
- Coordinates ideas, concepts and product feature research and makes the case for enhancements where necessary
- Attend seminars, trade shows, events & other marketing initiatives to demonstrate technical specification of products
- Product Training
- Quality Assurance
- Manage client relationships and regularly interface with Client representatives and colleagues to understand and resolve any issues as pertaining to product usage and functionality
- Develop a mechanism for obtaining feedback from clients (and key players) using products in portfolio
New Business Development
- Recommend new business opportunities and develop business case in support of such opportunities.
- Oversee the development of relevant company or client proposals for the products in portfolio
- Develop relevant product training manual/presentation slides
- Liaise effectively with development team and Project Management Office with respect to projects/integration handled
- Participate in UAT sessions of developed solutions before deployment/customer sign off
- Facilitate product training sessions/workshops of product(s) in portfolio as required
- Perform solution testing and give feedback to clients and development team where necessary
- A degree in Computer Science or Social Sciences
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a similar function.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
Send your application to; email@example.com