Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Obstetrics and Gynaecology jobs,
We are expanding to new locations and require additional OB/GYN consultants. Reporting to the clinical director, you will take on significant responsibility, including overseeing clinical quality, safety, and sustainability at the hospital.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and newborn health care in East Africa?
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- MMed in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from a recognized institution.
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board.
- Registered, licensed, and retained by the Kenya Medical Practitioners Board.
- Post graduate working experience in a busy maternity facility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Should have the desire and ability to enhance the scope of maternal health services in order to meet and exceed the expectation of the customer.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to positively influence and nurture teamwork.
- High level of customer-satisfaction orientation.
- Expert diagnostic skills.
- Trustworthy and compassionate character.
- Hardworking with a focus on punctuality, accountability, and commitment to patient care .
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
What You Will Do
- Monitoring and providing appropriate medical and surgical care to patients;
- Managing of clients for reproductive health both in the inpatient and outpatient;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment; Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations;
- Overseeing clinical practice of clinical colleagues and ensuring high level of patient safety, quality, and efficiency;
- Adhering to Jacaranda clinical protocols and standards of care and supporting these practices across the organization;
- Actively participate in regular meetings to assess quality and safety;
- Lead and/or assist with campaigns and projects for improvement;
- Assist with developing standards, protocols, and procedures;
- Provide clinical expertise and structured continuing medical education to staff;
- Participate in clinical or operational meetings which require input of a consultant OB/GYN staff;
Business and People Management
- Attend standing management meetings and represent the company externally as required;
- Contribute to overall business strategy development and implementation;
- Assist with scheduling OB/GYN coverage as required;
- Provide mentorship and manage performance of assigned staff;
- Endeavour to suggest new initiatives to aid the efficient provision of Medical Services;
- Ensure the efficient use of resources in medical services;
- Efficient use of diagnostic and pharmacy resources;
- Must endeavour to provide medical services within budget, you will consult with the Chief Executive Officer and the Senior Management team regularly, as to the use of medical, nursing and/or hospital resources;
- Provide reports and contribute to the planning, budgeting and development of the medical service.
Personal Education and Research
How To Apply For a Job By Email
- Continue to keep abreast with trends, developments and the appropriate utilization of technology in the field of medical care on a regular and ongoing basis;
- Participate in available educational sessions on topics such as clinical budgeting, medical audit, performance appraisal and quality control;
- Participate in journal review with clinical staff;
- Study medical literature and other resource material on a regular basis;
- Attendance at local post-graduate meetings/Continuous Medical education programmes as expected;
- Any other duties as assigned.