Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
KOKO jobs, Engineering jobs, Environmental jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs,
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Redis, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
- Shape large components of KOKO’s technical strategy, ensuring that it meets functional and non functional needs (e.g. performance, maintainability, monitorability, security and reliability).
- Own high level technical architecture decisions across multiple areas and guide others in making the right design and implementation choices in their areas
- Review design work of new projects in other teams, thinking through complex issues in advance, and anticipating potential pitfalls.
- Proactively seek and identify improvements to KOKO technology whilst balancing the needs of existing projects.
- Provide technical delivery assurance for multiple software projects in an agile team-based environment, acting as a subject matter expert across several product/technology areas
- Review quality processes in operation on projects and ensure that team members adhere to agreed systems and standards.
- Mentor and support other engineers in their career progression, and provide candid appraisals and counselling
- Evangelise of newer technologies helping KOKO systems to be more efficient, reliable and performant, driving PoCs where necessary.
- Organise and deliver training across the team, in order that the team’s overall knowledge and awareness of key skills is well maintained.
- Assess effort estimations and provide the complete technical picture that others need to guide their decision making.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Significant experience leading design and development of cloud applications at enterprise scale using relevant technologies for our stack
- Deep experience with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure, maintainable, scalable, high availability services
- Expert understanding of unit testing, design patterns and use of software analysis tools (profilers, static code analysis etc)
- Significant experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cyber security, distributed application development, modern front-end design, highly scalable data architectures.
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Experience working in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- You are strongly motivated by seeing high quality outcomes delivered, and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems as needed to ensure the desired outcomes.
- Great oral and written communication skills
Senior Product Support Engineer
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
We are looking for a technical and self motivated person with significant experience in handling and resolving product support issues. You should be proficient with debugging and troubleshooting, and the ability to program, work with databases and write scripts is highly desirable. You should be comfortable collaborating in a remote environment, building rapport across the team, doing what’s necessary to ensure KOKO’s products always deliver.
What you will do
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, CircleCI, Ansible, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Git
- Take ownership of complex technical issues
- Research diagnose, troubleshoot, and triage problems and identify solutions to resolve them
- Collaborate with distributed teams of developers, quality engineers, and product managers
- Understand the product/technical roadmap and manage the impact of changes
- Work closely with Quality Engineering and SRE teams to facilitate releases and continuous deployment.
- Help define and manage procedures for proper escalation of issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Track reported issues and provide regular reports to stakeholders according to agreed SLAs
- Make use of and build a product support knowledgebase
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Two or more years of experience working as a product support engineer.
- Ability to write Python and shell scripting as well as SQL/PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of AWS and Cloudwatch in particular.
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting best practices.
- Deployment and Monitoring experience with cloud services such as AWS.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems, networking, and databases.
- Experience with event-driven systems and message queues.
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Fast learner, able to adapt to situations and work in fast-paced environments with a never give up attitude.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure.
- Sound understanding and adherence to SDLC processes and practices.
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum in a team environment.
Senior/Principal Product Manager
- You will be a senior leader in the organisation, defining the KOKO product roadmap and vision, identifying opportunities to innovate and drive value for our customers and colleagues
- You will lead across the entire product lifecycle, from research and requirements to working with designers and engineers, to user testing, to measuring impact and optimising
- You will think about the end-to-end customer and user journeys, across functional and solution boundaries to ensure their experience is compelling, coherent, and consistent
- You will help us build, lead, and mentor a world class team of product managers
- You will develop strong partnerships with KOKO business teams and partners and empathy for our customers, creating continuous feedback loops that allow us to better understand their pain points
- You will ensure we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritising effectively to drive maximum impact
- You’ll create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and set high standards for how we measure product success
- You will bring and build deep domain knowledge and experience; people across the company will look to you as an expert; and you leverage it through teaching, guiding and coaching others
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- We are looking for a hands-on leader with a strong blend of business and technical savvy as well as strategic thinking and tactical execution, who is passionate about shaping markets in Kenya and beyond
- 8+ years experience in product management with a strong track record of shipping high quality products
- Proven ability to deliver business results by developing, prioritising and delivering on a roadmap that addresses customer needs and pain points via innovative products
- You may have managed PM teams but would prefer to get back closer to the product work itself
- We strongly prefer if you have had experience working in combined software and hardware businesses (with manufacturing and logistics)
- You are a strong leader, very confident and competent at leading individuals and teams.
- You have excellent communication skills in any medium
- You have a growth mindset; a willingness to own problems
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, have a passion for building product, a desire to make things better, and a sense of optimism
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically for best results.
Senior Executive, Climate Change
- Perform feasibility assessments for projects based on climate change mitigation technologies in different countries.
- Scan technical guidelines published by different inter-governmental, private and non-profit organizations that may impact the ongoing or upcoming KOKO climate projects.
- Develop design documents for new projects and drive the registration process under suitable carbon offset standard(s) independently.
- Collect monitoring data and conduct statistical surveys in accordance with the monitoring systems documented in the registered design documents of the KOKO Climate projects.
- Prepare monitoring reports and supplementary documents and organize monitoring records in accordance with the requirements of the applicable carbon standards.
- Coordinate with VVBs and the review team/board of the applicable standards to timely complete the project registration and issuance cycles of the projects
- Ensure that the monitoring systems implemented on ground meet the requirements stipulated in the design documents of the projects and recommend appropriate actions in case of any deviations observed.
- Oversee development of the KOKO policy on sustainability, carbon reduction and climate change through the review and updating of the Climate Change Action Plan.
- To plan and manage continual engagements with stakeholders on all aspects of sustainability, carbon reduction and climate change adaptation in compliance with the applicable requirements of the carbon standards.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of reports to both the officer and member-led Climate Change Working Groups.
- Collaborate with others to generate and develop project ideas and support their successful delivery.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- University degree and/or Masters in a relevant field.
- 2-5 yrs experience working on climate change or related environmental issues either in an NGO or the public or private sector.
- Substantial skills and field experience of project and programme design, management, monitoring and evaluation of carbon offset projects.
- Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills.
- An understanding of climate change and conservation challenges for developing countries.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, and as part of a wider network, is essential.
- The commitment and drive to achieve challenging goals; a problem-solving attitude is essential.
- A self starter with the ability to work where necessary to short deadlines.