Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Media jobs,
IT Security Engineer
- Develop and implement effective security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS), endpoint protection, data loss prevention (DLP), and encryption mechanisms.
- Continuously monitor systems and networks for security incidents, identify potential threats or vulnerabilities, and respond promptly to mitigate risks.
- Perform regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to identify weaknesses in systems and applications. Coordinate remediation efforts to address identified vulnerabilities.
- Lead incident response efforts, investigate security breaches and coordinate with relevant teams to contain and remediate incidents. Document and report on incident response activities for future analysis and improvement.
- Collaborate with system administrators, network engineers, and software developers to ensure security best practices are integrated into the design and implementation of infrastructure and applications.
- Develop and enforce security policies, standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations and organizational requirements.
- Promote a culture of security awareness within the organization. Develop and deliver security training programs to educate employees on security best practices and procedures.
- Conduct security audits and assessments to identify gaps in security controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of security systems, configurations, procedures, and incident response plans.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of information security, emerging threats, and industry best practices. Continuously enhance technical skills and knowledge through self-learning and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing security solutions, preferably in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of network security, operating systems, cloud security, encryption protocols, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) and other security technologies.
- Proficient in vulnerability assessment tools, penetration testing methodologies, and incident response techniques.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements such as GDPR, HIPAA, or PCI DSS.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex security issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and convey complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.