Safety and Environment jobs, NRC jobs,
Health Safety and Security Coordinator
- The HSSC is responsible for assisting the line management of the Kenya Country Programme in ensuring the safety and security of staff and support programme partners.
- Develop and update HSS plans including SOPs and Contingency Plans.
- Develop HSS trend analysis and regularly update the Kenya HSS profile.
- Timely HSS information analysis and sharing with staff, partners and CD.
HSS Management & Advisory
- Ensure that all NRC staff and visitors are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce their vulnerability to those threats.
- Monitor the security preparedness of staff and enforce staff compliance with SOPs.
- Ensure compliance with HSS standards and develop action plans for security upgrade
- Conduct security assessments of new facilities and installations to ensure HSS compliance.
- Conduct security briefing for new international staff and visitors arriving in Kenya.
- Determine training needs and conduct HSS training to NRC staff and partner staff.
- Support/ advice local partners on security and compliance matters.
- Provide timely updates of all situational and security developments including working with Risk and Compliance in investigation of security incidents to the Country Director.
- Submit all reports including weekly , monthly and quarterly reports to the Country Director and the Regional HSS team.
- Attend security coordination meetings and create an information network in the Kenya and identify key informants.
- Build strong professional relationships with other INGOs, local authorities, partners and all relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a security network and ensure external representation.
- Provide advisory support to the Country Director on regular basis including analysis and planning.
- Support on post-incident analysis and follow up recommendations.
- Compile and submit the weekly security report for the Kenya Country Programme.
- Support in the development of the Kenya Country Programme strategy and supporting documentation as required.
- Support the Regional HSS unit for specific regional tasks as required, in consultation with the Country Director.
- Support Partner agencies with security advice and drafting of HSS compliance documentation/ SOPs when required.
- Ensure local partners are compliant with staff health, safety and security risks based on their assessments.
- Travel to the various sites to gather on the ground information and assessment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a senior Security safety and Health professional in a humanitarian context.
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures.
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable
- Context related skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of the security environment in Kenya and neighboring countries
- An understanding of the political context in Kenya
- Fluent Kiswahili and other languages in Kenya an advantage
- Understanding of core competencies of NRC
- Experience working with partners is an added advantage.