Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Rose Avenue jobs,
Our client, with agricultural and horticultural operations in Kenya, Malawi and South Africa is looking for Payroll Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Salaries Manager in the sound administration of the companys’ general management payrolls, record keeping and related activities. The ideal candidate must have experience with casual payroll, degree in Business Administration, B. Com or an equivalent with 3 – 5 years in payroll administration.
- Pay pension deductions to the respective Company retirement schemes
- Pay statutory deductions, i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF
- Pay all relevant voluntary deductions
- Post new entries to the payroll
- Post amendments made to salaries
- Assist in finalizing Journal Vouchers for salaries and posting on accounts system
- Assist in finalizing monthly salary costs allocations and generating invoices and credit notes for all Estates
- Reconcile Salary bank accounts.
- Reconcile all salary/benefit, deduction and contribution accounts.
- Maintain records of expense claims, monitor claim levels, communicate adverse status to concerned employees and / or their managers and advise on corrective action
- Maintain payroll and related staff records
- Monitor loan and staff account balances and make recoveries as necessary
- Administer vehicle and furniture loans
- Assist with administration of Group Life premiums, gratuity and RBS.
- Prepare gratuity and leave accrual for the estates for year-end purposes
- Assist with processing of all correspondence related to staff deaths, retirements, terminations, etc.
- Assist with issuing of Issue P9s
- Write to new employees’ referees and ask for reference letters
- Inspect Harvest system output such as automated journals and standard reports for correctness, and report adverse situations as necessary
- Archive staff files and other Salaries Office records
- Assist with preparation of annual salary increment lists for approval.
- Provide Treasury Report data of forecasts of payments from Salaries Accounts
- Degree in Business Administration, B. Com or an equivalent, CPA-K
- 3 – 5 years in payroll administration
- Must have experience managing casual staff payroll
- Good knowledge of Accounting in terms of payroll interface
- Good communicator and people skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Good administrator and deadline driven
- Good analytical skills.