Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Media jobs, Journalism jobs, Mass Communication jobs, Royal Media jobs,
Radio Presenter And Continuity Announcer – EGESA FM
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will among others be able to do the following;
- Research, plan and develop on air content, ideas and concepts in line with the station strategy and values.
- On air presentation/continuity and acting on feedback from listeners.
- Write broadcasting reports and execute commercial logs.
- Music research, identify and propose music that should be incorporated into the station sound.
- Carry out outside broadcasting/Road shows and attend functions on behalf of the station.
- Receiving briefs from clients/ marketers/ supervisor and executing accordingly.
- Scripting, recording, packaging and producing station features
- Creatively create and execute on air gaming elements
- Cross-promote the company’s online & traditional product lines
- Conceptualize and execute online campaigns for various projects
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly
- Advise supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
- Liaise with digital sales officers to create campaigns that can be commercialized.
Skills and Personal attribute
- Fluent in spoken and written Ekegusii, English and Swahili with a radio voice & personality as well as an ear for music.
- Able to work odd hours including weekends and holidays without supervision.
- Must be social media savvy, innovative and creative
- Have an understanding of Media Law and Ethics
- Demonstrate professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms
Academic and professional experience
- A university degree in journalism / mass communication or another related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years experience as a Presenter /newsreader/reporter/subeditor in a reputable radio station.
- Must be social media savvy, innovative and creative.
Method of Application
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the code REF No. HRD/EFM/RP/07/2023Closing date will be Thursday 27th July, 2023 at 5pm. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.