How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even without a Degree or Masters
Free Event Register here
Sales Jobs, Managerial Jobs,
Regional Sales Manager – Nairobi
Responsible for Mapping and implementing effective sales strategies in Nairobi.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
Storymoja is an ethical, small but fast-growing profit-making social enterprise that primarily publishes books for children. Storymoja is probably best known for its annual international festival and the Start-a-Library initiative. Our vision is to ‘Get a book in every hand.’ Our mission is to become a commercially profitable business that stimulates and benefits from a vibrant East African reading and writing culture. Our core values – (POPSIR) – we are passionate, open, path breaking, smart, value integrity, and are responsive to our staff, customers, partner’s and client’s concerns.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
To further stimulate the growth of Storymoja, we are currently seeking to recruit a talented, progressive and team-oriented individual to fill the position of Sales Regional Manager, Nairobi.
Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Storymoja’s vision, mission and core values before considering applying.
Interested candidates are required to send an email via Apply Now Button with the following details:
I. Cover Letter: clearly stating the position you are applying for and current/last and expected salary.
II. An updated C.V. (with at least three referees)
The deadline for application is the end of day Friday 15th Jan 2021.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the National Sales Manager and based in Nairobi, the Region Sales Manager, Nairobi is responsible for Mapping and implementing effective sales strategies in Nairobi.
The role holder will lead a team of sales representatives in Nairobi and its environs to retain, develop, manage and expand the customer base to grow revenue.
Summary of responsibilities:
• Input the company sales strategy and actively lead the respective team to develop a stretching and achievable targets and plans.
• In consultation with national sales manager strategically map Nairobi Region and assign team based on experience and ability.
• Ensure the Region achieves set sales targets (Volume and Value) through hands-on management of key clients, partners and team/s.
• Supervise, motivate and develop the sales representatives to ensure maximum returns for the business.
• Plan and implement regular visits within the region to support team and identify skills gaps and other areas that require reinforcement.
• Work in collaboration with field teams to ensure bookshops and other retail outlets in Nairobi are fully serviced and customer concerns quickly resolved.
• Oversee the planning, execution and monitoring of marketing and promotional activities and events.
• Collect information on market intelligence, analyze market competition within Nairobi and prepare reports on market trends and competition to support decision making.
• Ensure adequate brand visibility in schools, bookshops, libraries and other strategic locations.
• Monitor brand trade performance through well-planned client visit schedules.
• Submit monthly reports and review sales performance taking appropriate remedial actions where sales variances are noticed so as to realign sales performance to required sales targets.
• Input the development and review of sales business processes to ensure consistent sales process, policies, and reporting templates.
• Boosting sales activities to meet expected sales target, monitoring and evaluation and continuous improvements.
• Monitoring of sales team performance to ensure they achieve set targets and operate within set guidelines.
• Maintain an updated customer list that captures the sales activity of all retail customers thereby identifying opportunity and gaps.
• Mapping entry into new markets and generating innovative ideas to increase sales coverage and strengthen local presence.
• Overseeing timely debt collection with the help of debt collection team.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to the supervisor and/or management and are related to the achievement of Storymoja’s mission and vision.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
Background, competencies and attributes (The knowledge, skills and abilities may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Previous experience: 6 years’ experience in sales and marketing and MUST have worked in the publishing industry in Nairobi for at least 3 years.
• Proven ability to motivate and lead a team of not less than five (5) people.
• A valid driving license
• High achiever with a proven track record of achieving set targets.
• Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving and analytical skills
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview