Banking jobs, Human Resources jobs,
Head, Resourcing, Africa
- Reporting to the Head of Resourcing, EMEA & America, the Head of Resourcing for Africa is accountable for managing the delivery of the end-to-end Resourcing process for all 15 countries across Africa, covering both operational and strategic Resourcing support for all employed workers (internal and external), local and cross border hires and transfers, ensuring all Resourcing activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
- Ensure the team is talent focused, cost effective, efficient and aligned to business needs.
- The role focus is split between the Operational Delivery team – the role holder will lead a team Resourcing Specialists – encouraging high performance behaviours to ensure delivery of recruitment targets at the right time, the right quality and the right price – whilst also assisting the relevant teams with Senior Hiring for the clusters. The role holder will also partner with the Country/Cluster Management Teams & HR Leadership Teams, providing insight and strategic input across the Resourcing spectrum.
- Provide strategic, consultative Resourcing advice to Country/Cluster Management Teams & HR Leadership Teams, challenging their thinking and coaching them to consider their Resourcing needs from a broader and more future focused perspective (as well as short to medium term), facilitating the creation of high-level Resourcing plans and priorities.
- Translate Country/Cluster business objectives into high level Resourcing plans and strategies, closely aligning them to the broader group Resourcing and Talent agenda.
- Collaborate with other Resourcing Heads/Leads across the function (and as part of the management team for the region), to facilitate issue resolution, international moves and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Develop capacity plans in line with global models, monitoring workloads and managing internal and external overflow capacity within the country to achieve optimal deployment of internal resources and external vendors.
- Pathological and infectious collaboration to build / develop strong, sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders, influencing key business managers to increase the profile of the Resourcing team / function, delivering a high degree of sponsorship, engagement and buy-in/understanding between the business and Resourcing, increasing awareness of Resourcing total service offering and hiring managers’ responsibilities, optimizing frontline delivery.
- Manage change to facilitate business readiness for new product implementation.
- Lead/Drive regional and actively participate in global resourcing initiatives and forums, as required.
- Build and develop strong, sustainable relationships with external stakeholders, promoting the Bank as an employer of choice to drive performance and recruitment of the right person, at the right time, at the right price.
- Senior point of escalation for all Africa countries. Working with the teams to identify and address the root cause of issues, providing advice and ensuring queries and issues are managed and resolved in a timely fashion.
People & Talent
- Build and manage a high performing team (currently 9 Resourcing Specialists) which benchmarks strongly in the internal and external market; attracting, developing, engaging, deploying and retaining the best talent, encouraging high performance behaviours.
- Champion team development, ensuring all team members are coached and achieve certification in the Resourcing Curriculum. Operate as a key subject matter expert in the development and delivery of curriculum material, as required.
- Build robust succession plans and move high potentials into larger, specialist, management or cross border development roles.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of managing multi jurisdiction hiring across Africa and understanding how to support a team to navigate different local requirements.
- Ability to manage performance using data to drive results in driving positive outcomes for Resourcing metrics.
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring a remote team.
- Ideally would have been accountable for overseeing / managing process, risk, governance and audit activity across African countries.
- Ability to navigate a complex, global organisation and manage both local and global stakeholders.
- An advantage would be a track record of driving successful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) hiring initiatives.
- Fantastic stakeholder management, the ability to understand business issues and partner with them to provide commercially focused outcomes.
- Ability to take ownership and work autonomously to make decisions.