NGO jobs, Project Management jobs, TDH jobs,
General description of the position:
- The Grants Manager ensures adequate management of the entire grants management process. S/he is responsible for coordinating and managing grants from inception to closure, ensuring adherence to donor guidelines and Tdh policies. The Grants Manager collaborates with all various departments and stakeholders to facilitate effective and efficient grant administration while supporting program teams in implementation strategy, reporting, and programming coherence across the project locations.
- Ensure that all contracts program deliverables are achieved, tracked, filed and in compliance with donor objectives and requirements.
- Ensure that contractual reports are reviewed, and internal feedback is compiled and sent to project managers in a timely manner.
- Notify the SMT of any issues and provide timely feedback to project managers.
- Serve as a pivot- and communication-point for daily coordination between project managers, finance, HR and logistics teams.
- Lead in organizing and conducting review meetings ensuring inputs from program, finance and compliance.
- Follow up on the implementation of action points agreed upon during these meetings.
Coordinate and contribute to the development of concept notes and project proposals.
- Participate in the identification of funding opportunities in Kenya.
- Coordinate and contribute to writing and submission of donor proposals, including coordination exchanges among Delegation, Regional Hub and HQ staff.
- Support the activities for situation analysis, data collection and needs assessments.
- Support timely submission of project proposals.
- Support donor communications and follow up.
- Ensure the adequate filing and archiving of final documents, as well as to update the grant follow- up tools.
Coordinate and contribute to reporting processes for current projects.
- Coordinate the preparation and finalization of donor reports for current projects, ensuring consistency, accuracy, clarity and timely submission in compliance with both, donor’s contractual requirements and Tdh standards.
- Consolidate the contribution of technical staff and ensure the internal validation of the outputs in close cooperation with the M&E department.
- Contribute to the quality of the presentations regarding the results of the current projects and to their dissemination to donors and other partners.
- Support the preparation and review of capitalization documents and evaluation reports.
- Ensure the adequate archiving, filing, and disseminating of the final documents.
- Contribute to the internal monthly and annual report process.
- Contribute to smooth communication and collaboration with partners.
Country Strategy and program perspectives/prospective
- Support the regular update of donor mapping informed by the ambitions and outcomes articulated in the Tdh Country Strategy.
- Provide on-going research, strategic donor intelligence gathering, and trends analysis and generate information to enable engagement with country level donors.
- Support the appraisal of new funding opportunities.
- Support the fundraising strategy review processes, by introducing tracking tools.
Communication and Representation of Tdh
- Represent Tdh in external engagements in close coordination with the SMT.
- Support the work establishing an effective beneficiary communication and feed-back mechanism.
- Support the supervision of the delegation’s communication and advocacy events.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Child Protection Policy
- Commit to respect the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Child Safeguarding Policy in Kenya, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan.
- Commit to inform the Country Representative and/or the Field Coordinator to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Actively participate in capacity building of Tdh and partners’ staff.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Deputy County Rep in Charge of Programs.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality.
Education & Qualifications:
- Master/ Post-graduate in International Development, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other related area.
- Relevant experience of minimum 5 years in program cycle management, preferably in an international NGO/Institution.
Experience & Competences:
- Management experience in securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as UN agencies, SDC, ECHO, EU, PRM, USAID.
- Excellent planning skills, and a sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in development, emergency and protracted crises environments.
- Good administrative and numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and donor engagement.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Excellent Ability to operate Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel & Power Point
- This position requires social and leadership skills, as well as technical, organizational and methodological competences.
- Required qualities: rigorous, organized, good communication and interpersonal skills. Autonomy and proactivity are very suitable for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates from the area of operation who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their applications letter and detailed CVs to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates are required to indicate the position title on the subject line of the email when applying. Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position will be hired on a rolling basis until the position is filled.