Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Legal Services jobs,
Legal Counsel (Senior)-East And Central Africa
What You Will Do For Us
- Providing general legal advice to the East and Central Africa businesses on strategies, risk management, compliance with internal policies, and local/regional legislation.
- Drafting commercial agreements and other documents of a contractual nature, including negotiating terms with related parties.
- Supporting Project Teams by providing counsel on all action steps required to close and implement merger transactions and new product launches, including drafting guidelines for rules of engagement and commercial agreements to ensure Business continuity post-close of transaction.
- Fostering a culture of compliance and good governance with both internal Company policies and relevant local legislation, including conducting compliance training and leading involvement in audit matters.
- Providing competition law-specific advice to Business operations.
- Advising the Business on consumer law matters, including compliance with Consumer Protection legislation, handling consumer complaints, and interacting with external entities/authorities within this practice area.
- Legal representative on the Business’ critical incident management teams. The responsibility includes advising on critical matters from a legal and risk mitigation perspective.
- Providing Trademark and other relevant Intellectual Property advice to the Business.
- Legal representative for a cross-functional team that reviews all external communications and marketing materials. This includes highlighting any legal, trademark, reputational, or public policy risks with the materials.
- Local Ethics Officer for East and Central Africa. The role includes being responsible for assessing and providing guidance on Code of Business Conduct matters and potential conflict of interest matters.
- Approx. 6 years post qualification experience practicing law (Admitted to practice law).
- Corporate/commercial in-house experience and knowledge of intellectual property, trademark, and competition laws are desirable.
- Undergraduate Degree, LLB Degree and/or Equivalent Legal Qualification; and
- Admitted Attorney.
- Legal Advice: Ability to develop and effectively communicate sound legal advice and/or analysis, including the suggestion of alternative business solutions and best practices while considering the client’s role, objectives, and risk tolerance.
- Client Objectives and Risks: Ability to determine and understand client objectives and risk tolerance. Includes knowledge of methods and/or techniques used to determine to identify objectives or risk tolerance and ability to incorporate the information in making legal decisions
- Legal Opinion: Strong ability to research and draft legal opinions on varied topics/subjects.
- Legal Research: Ability to conduct and analyze legal research to determine applicable legal principles. Knowledge of and ability to use legal research resources, including electronic research tools.
- Legal Solutions: Ability to devise legal solutions that reduce financial liability, costs, and negative publicity to acceptable levels.
- Manage Outside Counsel: Ability to determine the appropriate role of outside counsel, including setting parameters for involvement. Includes the ability to determine appropriate staffing and control fees, cost, and expenses.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)