Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Media jobs, Editorial jobs, Newsgathering jobs, Production jobs, Thomson Reuters jobs,
Senior Output Producer
Reuters is looking for a talented and experienced journalist to manage our news and features video operations based in Nairobi. As a senior output producer, you will drive the news and features editorial output from Africa. You will be a skilled visuals storyteller who is passionate about winning the big stories for a global client base that includes more than 1,100 broadcast and digital media outlets. You will be customer-focused and will seek every opportunity to make Reuters coverage stand out.
Experience of operating in hostile environments is a must while the ability to shoot video will also confer a clear advantage. You will be responsible for managing and producing regional Africa Daily content, our flagship Africa lifestyle service. You will work closely with video, pictures and text counterparts in Nairobi, Johannesburg, Lagos, Dakar and London.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
This is a full-time role that may require some flexibility to work long hours and some weekends and will report to the Chief Producer Visuals, Africa.
As our trusted Senior Output Producer you will:
- Ensure our team is positioned to deliver high-quality Live and edited video at speed to all Reuters customers.
- Lead teams covering events, from the planning phase through to field work.
- Be responsible for our output and ensure that our scripts are accurate and impartial.
- Have a keen eye for visual storytelling and the ability to edit footage within tight deadlines.
- Have excellent news judgement and a deep understanding of the African continent
- Work alongside colleagues from text and pictures to help create a truly unified newsgathering team.
- Ensure that multimedia working across the region becomes part of our bureau’s day to day planning coordination and coverage.
- Have great people skills and ability to manage local and remote teams.
- Mentor and train junior members of our team.
- Be customer-focused and build strong relationships with clients.
- Ensure safety newsgathering protocols are followed.
- Ensure all recruitment decisions are aligned with our strategic plan for video and with a strong focus on diversity.
You should apply if you have:
- Solid editorial experience in agency newsgathering and production
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to motivate local and remote teams
- A track record of working in a breaking news environment
- Ability to write scripts in English to a high standard.
- Excellent video editing skills
- Ability to drive speed and accuracy while remaining calm under pressure
- A clear understanding of the news video needs of major broadcasters and digital clients
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly.
- Ability to quickly and proactively source UGC and other 3rd party content, especially for breaking news
- An unwavering commitment to defend Reuters Trust Principles.