Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
NGO jobs, Project Management jobs,
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Full time, Fixed term DETAILS
Mission and objectives
UNDP works in 170 countries and territories to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. We help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain their progress The primary and overarching objective of United Nations Development Programme in Kenya is the eradication of poverty in the context of sustainable development, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals, and promotion of United Nations fundamental principles. A core dimension to the work of UNDP in Kenya is on Democratic Governance given the national focus on governance reforms. UNDP supports the country’s efforts towards achieving the Vision 2030 Political Pillar, which envisions a democratic system that is issue-based, people-centered, results oriented and accountable to the public. This Political Pillar gears to transform the country’s political governance across five strategic areas; The Rule of Law, Electoral and Political Processes, Democracy and Public Service Delivery, Transparency and Accountability, Security Peace Building and Conflict Management. These strategic areas are anchored in the Constitution, promulgated in August 2010 marking a major milestone in the democratic journey of Kenya and set a new threshold in terms of people-centred development.Context
The United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) 2018-2022 covers three strategic results areas i) Transformative Governance ii) Human Capital Development and iii) Sustainable Economic Growth in which UNDP leads the transformative governance pillar focusing on:
• Access to justice, respect to rule of law, human rights and gender equality
• Quality services at devolved level that are coordinated, integrated, transparent equitably resource and accountable
• People living in a secure, peaceful, inclusive and cohesive society The UN Volunteer assigned to the Governance and Inclusive Growth Unit will be engaged in support to the programmatic aspects of UNDP Kenya initiatives, which aim to enhance good governance and peacebuilding contributing to the UNDAF through the Country Programme Document 2018-2022 areas of work which include
i) governance, peace and security;
ii) transparency and accountability
iii) promoting the rule of law
v) intergovernmental coordination to improve service delivery and
vi) increasing public voice and participationResponsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader Governance and Inclusive Growth Unit, the UN Volunteer Programme Support Officer – Governance will undertake the following tasks:
• Support the design, implementation and oversight of the governance projects and pro-grammes.
• Strengthen partnerships and support resource mobilization for the Governance and Inclusive Growth Unit;
• Provision of quality policy service to the Government and other partners, facilitate Country office knowledge management in governance, including development of key knowledge products.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor including:
• Support to implementation of the relevant project activities; thematic inputs to the preparation of the project reports; • Contribute to the preparation of the Project Annual Work Plans, Procurement Plans, Quarterly Reports, Results Oriented Annual Report (ROAR) and Country Office Annual Report;
• Ensure knowledge sharing, coordination of relevant research, data collection and analysis, re-lated to the projects in the Unit;
• Assist in preparation of general correspondences, memorandums, reports, budget infor-mation, schedules and other materials;
• Contribute to the organization of internal/external meetings, related to Project de-sign/implementation/reporting;
• Support overseeing and coordinating logistical arrangements and plans in the Unit.