Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, Finance jobs, Unilever jobs,
National Finance Director East Africa
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job:
- East Africa is the fastest growing MCO in Africa and has delivered a compounded annual growth.
- The MCO’s strategic ambition is to be the fastest growing, financially sustainable MCO in Africa leading in creating a brighter future for all East Africans. The delivery of this ambition calls for deliberate focus on having the right resources to support the growth agenda and enhancing the control environment to protect and liberate value for the business.
- We are looking for a Finance Director who will provide the strategic financial leadership to the business to drive the delivery of 4G growth across the East Africa markets as well as lead the governance and controls agenda. The job will provide a great opportunity to demonstrate ownership of the business strategy & profitability agenda and the risk and controls framework while working with diverse stakeholders within & outside of the organization.
Some of the key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Partnering: Deliver growth, profitability & WC targets for East Africa, by:
- Collaborating with the business to deliver 4G Growth through value creation, accurate accounting records reporting and overall financial management.
- Supporting Investment Decision making in Categories & Customers, e.g. assessment of new business opportunities, competitor / customer analysis;
- Driving value creation through category & brand via setting up appropriate standard & promo pricing strategy, launching innovations; defining right level of BMI support;
- Performance reporting, including business planning and forecasting, target setting and scenario analysis.
- Controlling of total local overheads costs. Fully accountable for Finance costs and organization.
- Supply Chain performance: monitoring of local SC performance and transfer prices effect via local SC Finance team & of key value projects
- Actively contribute & drive business transformation & portfolio reshape agenda in line with Unilever strategy
- Drive Digital Transformation agenda in Finance & Information Management strategy
- Forex Management – lead and guide operational teams on forex management practices across the organisation.
- External Networks – Build extensive external networks across different business interfaces (regulatory, trade partners, banks, and influencers and industry forums)
- Governance and Compliance – Monitoring adherence to all GFCF and Non GFCF controls, legal, regulatory, and statutory audit compliance as per the governance framework set by Unilever and the local regulations. Working closely with Internal auditors, statutory auditors and corporate audit to step change the control environment within the organisation.
- Overview of Tax function & risk management within a complex & challenging framework
- Drive People agenda, ensuring an inclusive environment, high engagement of the finance team & EA organization
- Leadership skills & career development of Finance people.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management culture, attract, recruit and retain talent; work closely with the team to create a future fit finance team.
Job qualifications and requirements
- Commercial and financial acumen: experience in partnering category and customer teams
- Influencing, presentation and communication skills,
- Financial reporting (IFRS) & risk management
- Ability to deal with complex project management
- Team Leadership skills
- Demonstration of Unilever core values: Respect, Pioneering, Integrity & Responsibility
- Accounting Degree / equivalent
- Must be a professional member of an accounting body
- Finance Team in East Africa
- East Africa GM
- EA Leadership team
- Category Business Team
- Africa Finance Leadership Team
- Global stakeholders
- Relevant external regulatory bodies
- External Auditors