Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Financial jobs, Accounting jobs, FMCG jobs,
Purchase To Pay Accountant
Main Job Purpose
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the company policy on Supplier management is complied with at all times. She/she is also responsible to ensuring that all stakeholders are well managed and supported within set time turn around times.
- Responsible for all accounts payable processes for Unilever Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya third party accounts.
- Ensuring all key performance metrics are achieved monthly including payment on time (POT) 95%, Purchase Order compliance (POC) 98% and first pass yield (FPY) 80% within East Africa as per the Global Unilever policy.
- Management of Key accounts especially revenue authorities and third-party vendors and customers.
- Reconciling vendor statements, and maintaining liaison with suppliers to ensure payments are made promptly and accounts stay current.
- Provide data for working capital forecasting requirements for third party debtors and creditors.
- Preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments through use of SAP, DCIW, Coupa and Online banking apps such as Citi Direct.
- Review and posting of overheads costs such as Tanzania Revenue Authority, International travel costs (AMEX) and reclassification for month end reporting to the correct general ledger and cost centers.
- Partnering with Brand Marketing Investment (BMI) Accountant to review Key BMI suppliers and internal orders to resolve payment issues.
- Initiating tax urgent requests (URA,TRA,KRA) and one-time vendor manual payments on share point tool while guiding all users within the business to raise urgent, advance and one-time vendor payments.
- Conducting business support centre (BSC) trainings aimed at resolving all payment issues and DCIW+ invoice management tool workflow for all users within the business at specified locations helping to reduce outstanding workflow.
- Providing information and offering support to different audit requirements which have included KPMG external audit, PWC and Unilever internal audit, internal financial controls assessment and Unilever global corporate audit for PTP function.
- Ensuring third party net position is within tolerance risk levels and working capital requirements by offsetting both customer and vendor balances and sharing with the local finance leadership team.
- Flagging and advising on resolution of third party customers long outstanding debts to ensure appropriate provisions.
- Regularly communicate with shared service teams IBM and operating centers (OC) to ensure PTP service level agreements (SLAs) are met month on month.
- Ensuring that all new employees vendor accounts are created in SAP by sharing the people soft forms and vendor creation templates with the employee, MDM team and obtaining all necessary approvals
- University Graduate in Finance or a business-related field
- Professional qualifications CPA/ACCA
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a P2P role within FMCG.
- Experience working with MRP and/or ERP systems (SAP)
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Key Skills And Competencies
- Strong attention to detail (accounting and reporting accuracy and identification of errors)
- Must be able to structure & Integrate Information to support decisions.
- Must have strong forecasting skills using viable data.
- Ability to determine and apply correct accounting treatments
- Able to Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks