UN jobs, ICT jobs, Business Analysis jobs,
Information Systems Officer, P3
- Provides substantive inputs into the design, specification, implementation, testing and commissioning, and handover of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) architecture related to the Replacement of Office Blocks A-J capital construction project;
- Understands and captures the current UNON ICT architecture, defines the future (target) ICT architecture based on the concept of converged ICT network and in line with the requirements of the Project capital construction objectives, undertakes gap analysis to define areas of discrepancy; ensures adherence to global and local ICT policies, standards and procedures;
- Associated with the Project, plans and directs major systems projects of significant importance to the institution, or major components of these complex systems which typically impact critical operations and large or multiple user groups, identifies and escalates issues in a timely manner;
- Provides expert advice on complex systems analysis and design; identifies the need for new systems (or modifications to existing systems) or responds to requests from users; develops plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, development and implementation, including project plans, business continuity plans, schedules, time and cost estimates, metrics and performance measures;
- Develops cost proposals for contractual services, oversees the technical evaluation of proposals received and manages the contract service;
- Tracks and monitors project progress against plan, requirements, quality measures, standard processes; liaises with users on all aspects and during all phases of development and implementation;
- Provides professional leadership and work direction to assigned project team, and/or mentor and supervises the work of new/junior officers, contract staff, etc.
- Is actively involved in the execution of the most complex aspects of the project (e.g., systems analysis, development, programming, etc.); oversees development of document and database structures, ensuring that all design aspects are addressed, and control and security mechanisms are established.
- Develops, implements, and monitors information standards and guidelines, including testing paradigms.
- Prepares technical and user documentation for entire systems and interdependent applications; prepares training materials and detailed technical presentations.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field and determines the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies; provides leadership on introducing technological changes; prepares various technical reports;
- Facilitates communications between UNON ICTS, the Replacement of Office Blocks A-J capital construction project and its major stakeholders for good project coordination. Serves as liaison between the Project and the ICT teams of the entities impacted by the project including OICT.
- Acts as a focal point on ICT matters with the contractor. Develops and manages internal and external coordination processes to manage ICT related activities in relation to the execution of the capital construction and renovation works.
- Participates in planning and preparation of the budget, work program and spending plan.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of an international organization or the United Nations enterprise architecture roadmap. Knowledge of United Nations ICT governance framework, policies, and standards. Knowledge of organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy. Knowledge of systems design and development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex information systems. Ability to develop and oversee large centralized or decentralized institutional systems; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters. Knowledge of a range of computer languages and development paradigms knowledge of IT Service Management best practices and information security and risk control frameworks such as COBiT and ISO 27001). The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two (2) additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
- PRINCE 2 foundation certificates is required.
- MS Project online knowledge / Training is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of information technology infrastructure projects or related areas is required.
- Experience in information systems architecture and in implementing large scale information technology project, including Data Center migration, new office facility, IoT sensors, Wi-Fi, Smart Campus is required.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.