Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Procurement jobs, Purchasing and Supplies jobs,
Procurement Assistant, G6
This post is located at the Nairobi duty station in the UNON Procurement Section. Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Procurement Section, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; provides assistance to requisitioners in preparing the scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings; determines the availability of funding sources.
- Identify and recommend sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers.
- Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Prepares abstracts of offers and compiles data contained in quotations, proposals, and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment, and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
- Enters into the negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers; obtains credit and other information on proposed suppliers.
- Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Resolves issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received; prepares and signs Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
- Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc., and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches retrieve and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning, and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Drafts a variety of correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures and of purchasing and accounting techniques. The ability to perform analysis, modeling, and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Knowledge of financial rules and regulations and ability to research and gather information from a variety of standard sources and to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
- Completion of a High School diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary courses or additional training in procurement functions are highly desirable.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be
- accepted in lieu of the GGST. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Level 4 or equivalent professional certification is desirable. Please attach a copy of certificate or a detailed explanation demonstrating the status of your certification programme and your progress therein towards completing such certification before 31 December 2022.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement or related area is required.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in acquisition of strategic, high-value and of complex scope of goods and services from worldwide sources and for diversified clients in multiple countries is required.
- Experience in managing procurement in support of development programme with multiple thematic areas is desirable.
- Experience in procurement supporting public, private or non-governmental entities that have national, regional or international operations is desirable.
- Working experience with a Systems Application and Products (SAP), or another Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.