UNOPS jobs, Procurement jobs, Supply Chain Management jobs, Business Administration jobs, Public Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Economics jobs,
Procurement Senior Analyst (Retainer)
About the Role
- Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Manager and in coordination with the UACO Partnership Specialist, the procurement analyst will support the UACO team in developing procurement related engagements, with high quality and accuracy of work.
- This is a home-based retainer contract. The functions/responsibilities/key results of this job description are generic and may not always be applicable, nor be comprehensive, for all activities under this job title. Retainer contracts are not full-time contracts. As a retainer, your services will be required for up to 100 days in a calendar year.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the development of engagement opportunities:
- Carry out market research and conduct analysis of supply chains;
- Provide technical support during the different steps of the procurement processes, including contributions to Strategy and Planning, Requirements Definition and Cost estimations;
- Provide advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Project Managers on procurement issues;
- Draft Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures;
- Support other procurement related matters, as required for business development purposes.
- Planning of operational procurement strategies/action plans:
- Draft timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans, in full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Follow the guidelines on embedding sustainability along the procurement process.
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools:
- Support the development and management of the roster of suppliers;
- Utilize the e-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Group’s goals and standards in this area.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field is required.
- Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage (may be alternatively considered in lieu of relevant Bachelor’s degree).
- A minimum of two years of experience in procurement in an international, public or corporate organization is required.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness.
- Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit.
- Collaborates and supports the development of others.
For people managers only:
- Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles
- .Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first.
- Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
- Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas.
- Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them.
- Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior.
- Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
- Always pursues continuous improvements
- .Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions.
- Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks.
- Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner.
- Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others.
- Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.