Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Media jobs, Advertising jobs, Branding jobs,
Copy Editor (English)
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in political or social science, literature, international relations, journalism, or related field is required. A Master’s degree in a relevant field may be considered in lieu of some of the required years of experience.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
b. Work Experience
- Four (4) years of relevant experience in copy editing or related fields are required.
- Experience of working with the UN editorial style guide is desirable.
- Substantive experience in the field of Disaster Risk reduction (DRR) is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
Responsibilities Functional Responsibilities
The Copy Editors will be expected to edit UNDRR publications including any other last-minute request which may arise, for linguistic and grammatical accuracy.
Under the supervision of project managers, The Copy Editor will carry out a wide range of activities related to editing and management of texts for various projects and campaigns.
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines
- The copy editor will adhere to in-house style guides that include UNDRR’s preferred branding across all channels; this includes reviewing for style, clarity and consistency with International and UN standards and UNDRR editorial guidelines, policy and language standards.
- Copy edit and proofread long and short-form articles, reports, presentations, website, social media content, and other deliverables for spelling, grammar, factual accuracy, style, punctuation, fairness, balance and tone. The copy editor will proof layouts to ensure files are ready for printing and ready online publication.
- Reduce overlong texts to brief and concise copy within specific word counts.
- Check references to ensure the correct and accurate information is provided
- Ensure that files are print-ready and proofed