Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
NGO jobs, IT jobs, UNOPS jobs,
Retainer Data Manager
The Data Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Work with partner organizations to support their data sharing efforts on HDX.
- Develop data visualizations and analysis for data-sharing organizations.
- Support daily maintenance of HDX by creating new organization pages, reviewing the quality of new datasets, adding gallery items to featured datasets, and archiving out-of-date data.
- Curate the HDX Data Grids by focusing on specific countries or sub categories and helping to increase data completeness in priority humanitarian operations.
- Identify potential data contributors and work to bring new organizations into the HDX community.
- Promote the use of the Humanitarian Exchange Language (HXL) data standard to increase interoperability of data from spreadsheets and systems.
- Work with HDX data contributors and data users to explore opportunities for data integration and backend development; propose improvements to existing processes and systems.
- Provide training to partners on the HDX platform, data cleaning and data visualization tools.
- Attend meetings and workshops to represent HDX and the Centre.
- Participate in team and partner meetings as required.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
*Candidates with no United Nations or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using spreadsheets, statistical software and/or open source tools to analyze, evaluate and visualize data is required.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills are required.
Desired Experience (The following experiences are optional. Candidates who do not have them are welcome to apply)
- Knowledge of geographic (GIS) data, its analytical procedures and software is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python / NumPy) is desirable.
- Experience with humanitarian data and indicators is desirable.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) – Retainer : A retainer contract is issued for a period of time during which the services of the individual contractor are required intermittently. The individual contractor agreement on retainer basis will specify a “unit price” per day worked. For budgetary purposes, a monetary cap will be determined when the contract is awarded and issued. Please note that the retainer contract will not provide for a minimum, and payment will be made only after completion of work
Contract level: International Individual Contractor Agreement (I-ICA 1)
Contract duration: 12 months
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
This is not a position in UNOPS. UNOPS is solely providing operational support to its partner UNOCHA for this recruitment process. The selected candidate will be a personnel member of UNOCA under its full responsibility and salaries and benefits will be decided by UNOCHA.