Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, IT jobs, UNOPS jobs,
Retainer Data Manager
The Data Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Work with partner organizations to support their data sharing efforts on HDX.
- Develop data visualizations and analysis for data-sharing organizations.
- Support daily maintenance of HDX by creating new organization pages, reviewing the quality of new datasets, adding gallery items to featured datasets, and archiving out-of-date data.
- Curate the HDX Data Grids by focusing on specific countries or sub categories and helping to increase data completeness in priority humanitarian operations.
- Identify potential data contributors and work to bring new organizations into the HDX community.
- Promote the use of the Humanitarian Exchange Language (HXL) data standard to increase interoperability of data from spreadsheets and systems.
- Work with HDX data contributors and data users to explore opportunities for data integration and backend development; propose improvements to existing processes and systems.
- Provide training to partners on the HDX platform, data cleaning and data visualization tools.
- Attend meetings and workshops to represent HDX and the Centre.
- Participate in team and partner meetings as required.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
*Candidates with no United Nations or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using spreadsheets, statistical software and/or open source tools to analyze, evaluate and visualize data is required.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills are required.
Desired Experience (The following experiences are optional. Candidates who do not have them are welcome to apply)
- Knowledge of geographic (GIS) data, its analytical procedures and software is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages (e.g. R, Python / NumPy) is desirable.
- Experience with humanitarian data and indicators is desirable.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) – Retainer : A retainer contract is issued for a period of time during which the services of the individual contractor are required intermittently. The individual contractor agreement on retainer basis will specify a “unit price” per day worked. For budgetary purposes, a monetary cap will be determined when the contract is awarded and issued. Please note that the retainer contract will not provide for a minimum, and payment will be made only after completion of work
Contract level: International Individual Contractor Agreement (I-ICA 1)
Contract duration: 12 months
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
This is not a position in UNOPS. UNOPS is solely providing operational support to its partner UNOCHA for this recruitment process. The selected candidate will be a personnel member of UNOCA under its full responsibility and salaries and benefits will be decided by UNOCHA.