Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Statistics, Information systems and Technology, Health Informatics,
Data Analytics 3
Under the supervision of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Adviser, the Database and mHealth Coordinator supports the implementation of an information system for monitoring and evaluation of the Kenya Vector Control Activity
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Assists with supervising data collection staff in the field and data entry clerks at data centers.
- Contributes to the project’s work in health information systems strengthening, and in ensuring alignment between project data and country level HMIS, as appropriate
- Assists in development of Standard Operating Procedures for field activities
- Data quality and verification
- Participates in the collection, cleaning, analysis, and reporting of data according to the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning expectations.
- As appropriate, supports periodic internal data quality assessments (DQAs) and prepares the project for possible external DQAs to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- Training and capacity building
- Trains and supervises project staff in the appropriate use of the DHIS2-based system
- Training field enumerators in good interviewing skills and techniques
- Data management and information system support
- Supports the configuration, maintenance, testing, and routine support of a DHIS2 based monitoring and evaluation system, and other digital tools used during project implementation
- Tests and maintains functionality of the M&E database, including performing periodic updates and improvements.
- Collects, analyzes, and presents program data for project staff, partners, counterparts, and donors.
- Manages and supports the necessary systems and tools required to support successful data collection and management, including the preparation of mobile devices and/or data centers in support of comprehensive data collection
- Oversees the configuration and deployment of mobile-based supervisory data collection, bulk SMS job aides, and daily performance monitoring using mobile technologies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s in Statistics, Information systems and Technology, Health Informatics, or another relevant field; Master desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in database management
- Familiarity with monitoring & evaluation activities and process
- Good understanding of data analytics tools and software (SPSS, Stata, R)
- Proficiency in at least one of the common data management software or other relational databases languages (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-Sql)
- Familiar with visualization reporting tools (DHIS2 analytics, Tableau or Power BI)
- Knowledge of health project implementation in general, with a focus on malaria prevention programs with PMI or USAID very desirable.
- Prior experience working with mobile data collection tools very desirable (DHIS2 mobile, CommCare, ODK, KoboCollect, Ona, etc.)
- Fluency in English and Swahili
Bachelor’s Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.