Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Software Developer Jobs, Director Jobs, International Jobs,
IHV Alliance Director
The IHV Alliance Sales Director is responsible for IHV partner success – we want them to thrive and grow their business with Canonical software, solutions and services. This is a leadership and management role, responsible for a team who cover all IHV Alliances worldwide.
Reporting to the VP Global Alliances, our IHV Alliance Director will work closely with strategic partners across their complex organizations to engage with their innovation teams and ensure that they consider and integrate Ubuntu stacks and solutions. For example, private clouds, container solutions, and vertical solutions for industries like telco and automotive, are increasingly built on open source and Ubuntu. We are the challenger platform, but we are growing quickly in the industry.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
The Director is responsible to build trusted relationships with IHV partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineer to CxO. They will often run customer workshops focused on particular initiatives at that customer, attend sales events, give public presentations and lead executive engagements.
As an IHV Alliance Business Development Director you will
- Build strategic relationships with IHV partners at levels
- Grow their awareness of open source capabilities on Canonical Ubuntu
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Linux and cloud software ecosystem
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of large and complex organizations
- Lead partnerships in APAC with companies like Lenovo, Huawei, Quanta, Fujitsu, Inspur, H3C, NEC, Asus etc.
- Lead partnerships in EMEA with companies like Bull, Siemens
- Lead partnerships in the Americas with companies like Dell, HP, IBM, Supermicro
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management
- Deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Lead executive interlocks between IHV and Canonical leadership
- Travel regularly – sometimes internationally – to drive partnerships in person
Valued skills and experience
- Experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with measurable goals
- Experience with Linux, virtualization, containers, and other cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Senior Software Engineer – Kubeflow / Mlops (Python / Kubernetes)
This role requires a skilled Python software developer with solid Kubernetes experience. You’ll need to be driven by the idea of writing Charmed Operators. Charmed Operators are defined as software that automates the provisioning of infrastructure, deployment and configuration of software, and onward operation of that software from Day 0 through to Day 2 and beyond. You’ll help develop, test and publish software that brings best-in-class MLOps tooling to a wide variety of public and private backing clouds.
You will gain experience with numerous AI/ML technologies and real world use cases, providing tight integrations with the broader Canonical Data Platform. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating solutions to provide the best machine learning experience available to the widest possible audience. You’ll be working with upstream projects to select and deliver the right combination of open source software, providing a seamless experience from initial deployment to day-2 operations.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a globally distributed team
- Write, test and document high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Attend Industry conferences like Kubecon representing Kubeflow
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You are a skilled Python developer, ideally with open source development experience
- You have proven, hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- You have an interest in AI/ML and it’s application to data analytics
- You have experience with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools