Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs,
About the job
- The individual will report directly to Finance Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Financial Management & Accounting
- In charge of month-end closure processes, ensuring all costs are booked and reconciliations done
- In charge of Partner reports and booking into DRC Dynamics.
- In close cooperation with Managers in geographical area reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns.
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action.
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ.
- Prepare for local audits.
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimize financial risks by ensuring that DRC/DDG financial policies and procedures as set in Operations Handbook and any other CO/RO/HQ instructions are strictly adhered to through predefined effective internal control system.
- Check on the completeness, accuracy and validity of information regarding payment documents during partner field support visits.
- Support in the implementation of recommendations raised through internal & external audits, compliance audits etc.,
- Support to Review and monitor partners’ financial reporting /capacity building, provide additional technical assistance to partners as necessary to maintain high standards of compliance.
- Participate in conducting trainings for partner staff in the field offices and develop their technical skills by ensuring all processes related to donor guidelines and governmental requirements are adhered to.
- Focal point for conducting financial due diligence of potential Consortia members in any upcoming consortium project.
- Support DRC Finance Manager in internal and external audit processes by ensuring all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with area staff and country.
DRC Dynamics ERP system
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity.
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the country.
NB: The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- University degree in Finance,Accounting,Commerce,Business Administration
- At least three year’s work experience in field of financial management,accounting,book keeping in an NGO or the UN sector.
- Proven experience in working with consortia led projects and managing large budgets
- Proven experience in working with INGOs/ National partners, local/government authorities
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas).
- Working experience in preparation of Donor reporting for Danida/SIDA/USAID/EU/UN guidelines will be an advantage.
- Ability to prepare basic training modules on accounting management and conduct on the job trainings.
- Ability to prepare donor budgets for consortia led projects will be an advantage.
- DRC experience in finance system is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages added advantage.
Expires: 10 Jun 2023
Grants Management Coordinator
Overall purpose of the role:
- This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities. Specifically related to grants management
- Ensure compliance with donor and internal DRC rules and regulations, donor reporting, information/tranche management, and grants management
- Responsible for ensuring project files are up to date
- Provide continuous support and guidance to project cycle management
R1. Grants Management:
- Oversee and refine grants and contract management systems and processes
- Update, streamline, and disseminate grants management tools and resources
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of donor and government policies and support implementing teams to ensure full compliance
- Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of project agreements, including sub-agreements, teaming agreements and memoranda of understanding
- Lead contract revision as needed
- Serve as key focal point for communication efforts with internal and external stakeholders, along with the HoP and PDQ Manager
- Lead donor reporting processes by coordinating, compiling, editing and providing feedback to ensure the development of high-quality narratives and timely submissions. Keep a regular update of DRC’s reporting timelines and share with teams.
- Maintain and update DRC’s online Grants Management System platforms and trackers
- Along with PMs, ensure project files are kept up to date
R2. Project Cycle Management:
- Organize and facilitate grants kickoff, review, and closing meetings with all DRC business areas
- Serve as key focal point for ensuring that project teams meet standards for project cycle management, including supporting with trainings and capacity support
- With the Head of Programme, lead monthly program review meetings to proactively review any challenges or delays in project target or spend
- Keep the Head of Programme informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and spend rates/significant budget variances. Be able to actively mitigate risks through proposing remedial solutions.
- Serve as project coordinator for specific grants or contracts, as needed
R3. External relations:
- Prepare necessary documentation, such as reports, presentations and organizational documentation, to share with DRC stakeholders, including briefings for DRC staff and external entities requesting information on DRC’s programmes
- Serve as the primary focal point for donors and partners on all grants related issues
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience with an NGO
- Experience in writing high quality proposals for large donors, such as EU, ECHO, BHA, Scandinavian donors, UNHCR, and other UN agencies
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize large workloads, to consistently meet deadlines and adapt in a complex and challenging work environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in teams
- Degree (Master’s degree) in political science, international development, economics or other relevant field
- English fluent
- Swahili fluent
Expires: 11 Jun 2023