Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, Banking jobs,
- To achieve business growth in Business, Premium and Personal Banking by providing support to Business Banking /Personal Relationship Banking /Personal Banking Relationship Managers and Branch Managers; in the preparation of quality credit proposals for both existing and New to Bank business.
- Conduct comprehensive and detailed analysis for both new to bank and existing customers covering both qualitative and quantitative measures regarding the customers’ business.
- Evaluate, analyse, interpret financial information, and undertake credit assessment in compliance with credit policy guidelines and in keeping with the credit acceptance and set risk bearing limits.
- Ensure that all relevant policy, risk acceptance criteria and credit risk appetite requirements have been considered and met.
- Identify, evaluate, and understand risk associated with individual transactions, products and borrowers and recommend appropriate mitigants.
- Ensure all credit proposals are optimally priced through application of the risk-based Pricing Model.
- Independently and accurately prepare the Credit Risk Rating (CRR) of a borrower.
- Ensure that all credit proposals are properly rated through application of the Environmental & Social Risk Management Policy, standards, and models.
- Responsible for accurate and timely management of client portfolios.
- Prepare daily work reports and any other reports that are required from time to time.
- Conduct training individual or group levels on credit analysis processes.
- Attend client visits with Relationship Managers where necessary, to ensure origination of quality credit applications and timely approval.
- At least 2 years banking experience in a lending/credit risk appraisal environment;
- Professional Qualification in financial analysis (ACCA, CPA or CFA), Banking ( AKIB) will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Credit risk policies and Product Policies and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Knowledge in legislation relating to perfection of securities and requirements by regulating bodies.
Senior Associate Credit Reporting and Control
- The incumbent is responsible for portfolio reporting within the credit risk function of the Bank at portfolio level in compliance with credit policy and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Prepare statutory reports in utmost accuracy for regulatory submissions within stipulated timelines and ensuring nil non-compliance with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure Credit Cards related GLs are reconciled and tying to the related listings monthly.
- Prepare scheduled external reports to DFIs, CRBs and partnered Guarantee Funds.
- Perform analysis of risk classification of loans advances and computing the required general and specific provisioning of the credit cards portfolio in line with CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Support audit processes by providing credit related requirements for purposes of audits within credit department.
- Support management of the Convene meetings software including updating Agenda items and all relevant papers for CRMC as well as assisting in coordinating papers for BCC meetings and ensuring timely publication of the papers in the software.
- Assist with IFRS9 related reporting requirements and participation in modeling of the same routinely as required.
- Provide support in the Credit Department Budgetary process.
- Provide support with Adhoc reporting requirements from external Stakeholders, i.e. CBK, KBA, DFIs, Guarantee Funds and any other strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience within credit reporting lines.
- Technical skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel.
- Ability to communicate.
- Report writing skills.
- Numeric skills.