Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, International Development jobs, IFDC jobs,
Corporate Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning Officer
IFDC is seeking a dynamic and motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer to join our team. The MEL Officer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing MEL activities to support IFDC’s projects and programs. The MEL Officer will work closely with project managers, technical experts, and other stakeholders to ensure that IFDC’s MEL systems are efficient, effective, and aligned with best practices. The MEL officer will report to the Corporate MEL Coordinator.
- Develop and implement MEL plans, frameworks, and systems for IFDC projects and programs, including monitoring plans, data collection tools, and reporting templates.
- Lead the collection, management, and analysis of data for project monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Develop and implement learning plans and strategies that promote continuous learning and improvement in IFDC’s projects and programs.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure that MEL findings are disseminated and used to inform decision-making and program design.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to project staff and partners in MEL methodologies, data analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure that IFDC’s MEL systems are in compliance with donor requirements and standards.
- Produce high-quality MEL reports and other communication products for a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., development studies, economics, statistics, social sciences).
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, preferably in an international development context.
- Strong analytical and data management skills, with experience using statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, Stata).
- Experience developing and implementing MEL plans, frameworks, and systems.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects and knowledge of donor requirements and standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, including project staff, technical experts, and partners.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in other languages is desirable.
Corporate MEL Coordinator
IFDC is seeking a Corporate MEL Coordinator to oversee the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) unit team’s work and ensure effective implementation of MEL activities to achieve the organization’s goals. The Corporate MEL Coordinator will report directly to the Global Corporate Communications Manager.
The Corporate MEL Coordinator is expected to:
- Supervise the MEL unit team and regularly report progress to the Global Corporate Communications Manager.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the work of the MEL Unit
- team to ensure that all critical activities are effectively implemented.
- Ensure functional collaboration between the MEL unit team and project MEL specialists.
- Ensure that the unit interacts sufficiently well, in a timely manner, and appropriately with each other and with project/program teams for effective implementation of activities to achieve the organizational goals regarding MEL.
- Conduct internal evaluations and provide technical support for internal and external evaluations.
- Provide technical leadership on MEL to the MEL unit team and to project MEL specialists.
- Lead the development of brief policies and articles based on evaluations.
- Contribute to any other duty as may be deemed necessary regarding the MEL.
- Produce semi-annual reports on the implementation of MEL activities and present findings to the Global Corporate Communications Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as agriculture, international development, or evaluation, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in international development.
- Experience managing teams and coordinating with project/program teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in conducting evaluations and managing data analysis.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.