Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Human Resources jobs,Data analysis jobs,Program Management jobs,
Deputy Director, International Programs & Emergency Recruiting
Leadership and Planning:
- Ensure alignment of CRRD Recruiting team objectives and deliverables with the overall HR and Global Recruiting team objectives.
- Lead the CRRD recruiters and recruiting support to guide professional development, address exceptional candidate cases, support them in overcoming any obstacles to progress, and make sure processes are clear and consistent
- Lead, plan, and implement initiatives toward the realization of Strategy100 as it pertains to CRRD recruitment efforts, including the employee engagement outcomes within the team
- Work with project teams focused on location strategy and compensation structure on behalf of the Global Recruiting Team broadly
- Lead the implementation of the department projects and team goals
- In collaboration with CRRD leadership, develop and deliver strategies and tools to help meet their key talent objectives around talent pipelines for key roles and achieving DEI objectives
- Serve as key contact for HRIS in developing and training on recruiting tools; work with regional recruiters to serve same role to in-country recruiters
- Partner with the Associate Director of Operational and Technical recruiting to properly support any cross over requisitions
- Partner with other Associate Directors and the Senior Director on recruiting team to continually drive innovative improvements for the function and to steer strategy of function with a diverse set of perspectives considered
- Lead, mentor, and coach the CRRD Recruiting team (~15 FTE), providing support for individual and team growth and development
- Create and maintain multiple channels and networks within IRC to build a deep, diverse understanding of the local contexts and to maintain compliance with local recruitment practices and legal requirements
- Be intentional in identifying and developing required technical on-the-job skills in the recruiting team
- Extend partnership to other HR colleagues supporting recruiting processes in country programs
- Encourage all recruiters and hiring teams to have diversity considerations as a part of every hiring process
- Work with Diversity, Learning & Development, and Wellbeing teams to adapt and implement appropriate efforts & tools for CRRD recruiting
- Partner with other Associate Directors and the Senior Director on the recruiting team to lead the group in a collaborative and cohesive way
- Act as full lifecycle recruiter on select senior level CRRD roles
- Apply recruitment tools appropriately and efficiently to ensure consistent, timely, and accurate data entry and management.
- Be consciously investigating and willing to pilot new sourcing and assessment techniques to increase effectiveness and efficiency in our recruiting, and work closely with the sourcing team
- Negotiate offer of employment with selected candidates within current IRC practices; support recruiters in raising exceptional cases for discussion with relevant HR colleagues
Partner Management and Customer Service:
- Coordinate with country programs to establish relationship between global team and national HR/recruiting teams
- Help support diversity recruiting efforts in regions through regional recruiters
- Develop, build relationships and advocate with regional HR partners and regional program leadership (RVPs, DRDs, CDs, etc) to build a robust workforce planning strategy
- Keep Recruiting team leadership updated on possible staffing needs and upcoming projects and emergency responses
- Maintain strong talent pipelines based on hiring needs, with particular focus on standard roles and diversity targets
- 5+ years’ experience in recruitment of leadership, managerial and professional technical positions in different countries and cultures, preferably in both the INGO and private sector
- Previous executive recruitment experience, preferably in Africa or the Middle East
- Direct previous proposal recruitment experience in the NGO sector is a plus
- Demonstrable experience as a recruiting leader and people manager, using sourcing and assessment tools required
- Knowledge of common HR policies and the use of problem-solving skills in a multi-country, cross-cultural environment
- Understanding of compensation vehicles and total rewards in a multi country context is required
- 10+ years’ experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, and employment branding, much of it within a multinational context
- Proven, extensive use of creative internet sourcing, sourcing tools and networking skills to connect with talent in different professions
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage a team of 10-15 plus multiple projects in a fast-paced and constantly evolving multinational organization
- Ability to operate effectively within a geographically dispersed organization and lead a virtual team
- Extensive customer service experience serving or supporting an international or global workforce
- A deep understanding and passion for recruitment, aware of the latest trends, tools, and global talent market
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, use of ATS and CRM tools
- Extensive experience in a variety of assessment techniques and methodologies
- A self-starter who is driven to find the best candidates for positions and who can work in an environment with minimal supervision
- A proven team player and collaborator who can effectively network amongst all work levels both within, and outside, of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation communication skills – written and oral
- Confident in partnering with organizational leaders, hiring managers, and other stakeholders
- Fluency is French, Arabic, and/or Spanish, in addition to English is strongly preferred
Performance Improvement Advisor
Major Responsibilities: Performance Management and Adaptive Improvement
• Compare spending and results to identify areas for course correction or improvement in project interventions and structure.
• Review project workplan, activities, budgets, and logframe targets every year to ensure that budgets are proportional to activities and targets.
• Identify and flag interventions that incurred high cost and did not show promise of high effectiveness for removal from the workplan.
• Review project staff LOE each year to ensure sufficient budget that is fit-for-purpose and matched to scope of work.
• Monitor the scale-up progress of “intervention best bets”, if needed.
Evidence and Learning
• Analyze what (package of activities) and how (implementation approaches for those packages) best to improve environmental, livelihoods, and health outcomes, under what conditions (within the context, location, timeframe) and at what cost for whom. Establish best practice guidance in program design and budgeting for maximum Value for Money.
• Conduct cost-efficiency analysis in collaboration with technical managers from partner organizations to inform program design and improvement, with clear framing of trade-offs and alternatives. Communicate how much it costs per output to achieve what kind of reach and impact.
• Produce case studies in collaboration with technical managers from partner organizations on cost-effective solutions and evidence that contribute to sector-wide learning. Share case studies through multiple channels such as communities of practice and webinars.
Job Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in managing project budgets and technical program implementation in humanitarian or development contexts.
• Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills, capable of translating data into actionable insights.
• Experience collaborating with interdisciplinary teams across multiple countries or organizations.
• Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
• Strong understanding of the Somali context.
• Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Somali strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of environmental, livelihoods, and health programming in humanitarian or development contexts.
• Experience with adaptive, gender-sensitive, and conflict-sensitive programming approaches.
• Knowledge of Value for Money and its relation to evidence and learning.
• Knowledge of standard research processes in social science.