Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Computer Science jobs,
IT Systems Support Analyst
Duties & Responsibilities
- calls, emails, and in person requests for assistance with all IT-related issues.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issue using troubleshooting skills.
- Provides complete and accurate information for all tickets entered on the Service Desk software to include proper prioritization and categorization.
- Research issues using available information resources.
- Performs continuous Ticket Triage and Routing.
- Coordinates escalation of tickets internally, to other teams, and vendors.
- Answers and logs all requests for assistance in a timely, customer-focused, and professional manner using non-technical communication that end-users can understand.
- Follows IT policies and procedures as they relate to information technology (access requests, hardware, software, etc.) and assists outside requests when necessary.
- Provides step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Follows through on user issues to completion.
- Must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours to include night and/or weekend shifts.
- Must be able to rotate and be flexible with their schedule.
- Reports potential organization security risk as applicable.
- Addresses a full range of customer needs, including troubleshooting, technical assistance, system usage support, password resets, documenting installation, move, add, and change requests. Answers queries surrounding computer hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems that originate by telephone, voice mail, or e-mail.
- Educates and trains clients on applications and technology.
- Record, maintain and update records in the Incident Management system.
- Performs analysis of problems and assist with corrective action to restore functionality.
- Researches and resolves customer calls that require follow-up.
- Works with technical or development staff to resolve recurring problems and issues with applications and/or Products.
- Document and submit problem resolutions to the Service Desk knowledge database to assist other Help Desk personnel with problem resolutions.
- Complies with documented processes and works towards meeting expected service levels.
- Follow documented processes.
- Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize well.
- Experience using ticketing system to track incidents.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Broad range of network and desktop knowledge.
- Ability to give verbal instruction patiently to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of current PC and mobile computing technologies
- Familiarity with IT Network Technologies, IT Service Management processes, Operating systems, Microsoft Exchange.
- Bachelor of Science in information and technology
Duties & Responsibilities
- Automate and run the build, test, and deployment of our software in AWS.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment of our platform.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
- Enable continuous development and integration (CI/CD) and support developers to use the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance and provide telemetry for developers.
- Develop operational dashboards and alarms.
- Monitor performance and capacity and introduce solutions to maintain service levels.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and catch and solve issues before release.
- Ensure security good practice is followed in deployment and operations.
- Assist in establishing DevOps practices.
- The DevOps engineer will be working as part of a distributed team with colleagues in Kenya, Tanzania, China, UK, USA and elsewhere.
- Experience with AWS particularly EC2, VPC, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
- Excellent network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and automated test tools such as Selenium would be an advantage.
- Some experience in one or more database systems including Amazon Aurora, Dynamo DB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of Information Security in web applications.
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies.
- At least two years relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili