Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
M-KOPA jobs, ICT jobs, Logistics jobs, Engineering jobs,
The purpose of the job is to accurately prepare and process error-free transactions for manufacturing under bond as a requirement to support the smartphone assembly plant while adhering to the legal and statutory requirements provided by the governing bodies; National Treasury & Kenya Revenue Authority. The role holder is also tasked with overseeing the inventory levels at the M-KOPA warehouse and leads staff in record-tracking of new stocks delivered and shipped out, all orders and transfers are captured on the inventory system.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
(Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
Operations & Documentation:
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate all Import and Export shipments, Customs clearance, and handling at various ports in Kenya including JKIA (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport), ICD (Inland Container Depot), and Malaba border.
- Demonstrate knowledge of customs regimes in M-KOPA markets in East, West and Central Africa
- Ensure compliance with Customs and local authorities’ requirements for imports/exports handling of shipments.
- Maintain updated, effective contact with customs on all new regulations and ensure that all relevant parties are updated accordingly.
- Conversant with all Harmonized System (HS) codes and customs regimes to ensure the accuracy of HS codes used at IDF application.
- Compute weekly estimates of duties and taxes to share with M-KOPA finance for cashflow planning
- Ensure that Customs entries are prepared with zero errors including confirmation of invoices to ensure values tally with customs valuation for similar items.
- Ensure documents in files are correct and in order.
- Ensure timely resolution of declaration issues with authorities where required.
Particular Bond Management
- Prepare documentation for bond registration & cancellations.
- Follow up on Treasury and CAK permit approvals.
- Ensure requisition and payments of particular bonds is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all preceding entries are active in the customs systems.
- Ensure all utilized bonds are canceled on time.
- Proper records of bonds in effect and those canceled as per DSR Audit requirements.
- Proper handling and accountability of all bonded transactions.
Stock management at the warehouse
- Manages inventory documentation – owns & maintains Part Numbering & Description records, as well as all inventory reports and material, including inventory books and variance reports.
- Controls inventory transaction records – reviews and performs quality control on manually or digitally inputted data on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies.
- Dynamics 365 Inventory Process Implementation – Perform and take ownership of all Dynamics 365 inventory module tasks assigned & work with Warehouse & Reverse Logistics on correctly using operations and inventory processes across all markets.
- Ensure accurate stock in the dynamics system for all virtual locations managed under the main warehouse.
- Ensure Inventory controls by overseeing monthly stocks and sharing a duly reconciled report sent before 2nd day of the month. In the same way, carry out weekly warehouse cycle counts and send reports on the same.
- Solid reporting line to the Logistics Manager with dotted line into Warehouse Operations Manager
Education & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work Experience.
- EACFFP Certification and ICMS Training is mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of Particular bond execution/cancellation processes and documentation requirements.
- Familiar with the TFP (Single Window), with vide usage of the KENTRADE system.
- Must know customs procedures relating to imports & exports & transit as well as knowledge of customs laws of Kenya as well as the East African Community.
- Degree/Diploma in logistics/C&F/Purchasing & Supplies Management or relevant field
- Knowledge of all the systems used for customs clearance in Kenya is A MUST.
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Attention to detail with good data entry skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, self-motivated, result oriented, and able to manage and perform under extreme pressure.
- Strong document management and e-filling skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Team player.
- High integrity.
- Work with minimal supervision.
Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be working in small team of backend engineers, product managers and testers, focused on improving our end users’ product experience. You will deliver event-driven systems that cope with millions of daily transactions and push to production multiple times a day. You will own the whole SDLP process and will drive development using testing best practices (i.e., TDD). We are a team of passionate product-focused engineers committed building and fostering an environment where our colleagues feel valued. We encourage knowledge sharing and learning as much as possible.
It is a fully remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). You will report to the Engineering Team Lead.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- If you like to put your people and teammates first, you bring your most empathetic self to work
- You like to take a product-focused approach to development and drive changes using data to guide your decisions
- Be delivering high-quality backend code into production on a regular basis and have a direct impact in our wider organization.
- You embrace the DevOps mindset and understand the benefits it brings to the team
- Working in a team makes you happy and you like collaborating with other teams to grow and improve the department and wider business
- Your work will directly impact the experience of millions of people based in Africa
- Demonstrating low ego and team spirit
- Taking ownership of your work, partnering with cross-functional peers to ensure projects are properly scoped and implemented
- Advocating of CI / CD best practices and understanding the importance of writing clean code
- Be willing to explore and learn new technologies outside of your comfort zone
We’re excited about you because you have experience with
- You have at least 3 years’ experience working as a professional software engineer/architect on medium/large scale distributed system
- You have commercial experience with C#.NET and microservices, as well as shipping high-quality backend code into production
- You have knowledge of Azure and AKS or other containerized application deployment tools
- You are comfortable with the DevOps culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle
- You have a collaborative spirit and a strong desire to learn from teammates, learning to work as part of a team that is greater than the sum of its parts
- It will be highly beneficial if you have knowledge of the financial services industry and the African market
- A degree in computer science or a related field will be beneficial, however, we care much more about your skills than about how you acquired them.