Internships, Sales and Marketing jobs,Business-related jobs, Business Administration jobs,
Internship Program for Persons with Disability
- At Safaricom, we are working hard to build a more inclusive and sustainable world for all. As a digital first technology company, we leverage on technology to create networks that empower individuals to connect and deliver value for our customers and stakeholders.
- We are pleased to announce our Persona with Disability internship opportunity for the year 2023 in the Commercial, Business Development, Enterprise Business, Financial Services, Internal Audit, Finance, Corporate Affairs, Human Resources & Technology Divisions.
- Through our internship program for persons with disability, we aim to promote inclusivity and enable talented graduates to develop and grow within Safaricom, forming part of our digital and leadership talent pool. The interns learn through cross-functional rotations, extended leadership contact, formal training, leadership development, and a rigorous performance process. Collectively, this holistic integrated & broad approach aims to accelerate development of future leaders in line with our company’s mission.
- We are looking for innovative fresh graduates; those who embrace new technologies and are continuously learning; and eager to cease opportunities and create meaningful solutions to various challenges. As a family, we create a conducive environment where everyone feels respected, valued, and appreciated. This allows individuals to bring their authentic selves to work as they kick-start their career!
What we are looking for:
- A degree holder or must be in your final or second last year of your degree program or having graduated with the last 1 year in an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrated creativity, adaptability and learning enthusiasm.
- Passion for technology, customers, and commercial savviness
- Good academic performance
What is in it for you:
- World-class exposure to Technology and Financial Services
- Focused mentorship
- Cross-functional rotations
- Leadership development
- Fast tracked career progression
- Hybrid and agile ways of working
- Attractive Remuneration
Deadline – 07 Jun 2023
Principal Sales Officer – Capacity & IP Services
- We are pleased to announce the following vacancy Principal Sales Officer – Capacity & IP Services within Enterprise Business Unit Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Wholesale Services, the position holder will;
- Grow Wholesale International Capacity & IP revenues.
- Develop an effective retention strategy to minimize churn.
- Optimal Capacity Asset Management.
- Manage Key relations & partnerships.
- Identify and scope Business Opportunities at key networking events regionally & internationally.
Grow Wholesale International Capacity & IP revenues
- Achieve set revenue targets as per capacity objectives.
- Development of a 12-month rolling sales pipeline.
- Identify global growth prospects and specific opportunities with EA region for Fiber, Satellite, Microwave.
- Identify and analyze operator capacity needs and requirements and ensure operator needs are fully understood and correctly dimensioned.
- Work with International Data/IP partners or providers to meet the needs of the business by developing a clear annual review calendar that can identify areas of collaboration and potentially new revenues.
- Use a clear and well –documented process methodology for locking business to avoid delayed implementation and poor client engagement.
- Weekly prepare a report showing various engagement milestones of operator on-boarding process to ensure ease of billing for services required.
Develop an effective retention strategy to minimize churn
- Work to develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies.
- Develop and share periodic reports on customer concerns on products.
Manage Key relations & partnerships
- Prepare and maintain an effective annual calendar that optimize the relationships with various operators, partners, Satellite & outsourced roaming providers to enhance competition.
- Develop an effective framework for monitoring effective partnerships.
- Explore new partnership opportunities that create opportunities for growth.
Attend Key networking events
- Identify and plan for all known key events touching on IP& Capacity, Satellite, Interconnect and SMS.
- Attend at least one key networking event annually.
- Document and implement learnings for the benefit for the business.
- A recognized University Degree in a Business-related field; Master of Business Administration degree is an added advantage.
- Experience and technical skills in telecommunications industry and sound knowledge of International Telecommunications Services is a mandatory requirement.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in the telecommunications sector which must include establishing and managing international carrier relations and interconnection arrangements.
- At least 3 years sales experience. Experience in projects management is an added advantage.
- Strong relationship-building and customer retention skills preferably from a major blue-chip company and ISP’s.
- Ability to inspire and manage a sales team.
Deadline– May 31, 2023
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.