Telecommunication jobs, Engineering jiobs, ICT jobs, Safaricom jobs,
Enterprise Systems Developer
Reporting to the Manager – Enterprise Systems Planning & Delivery, the role holder will be responsible for development and 3rd line support of the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application (On-Prem and Fusion), POS Application and bespoke oracle interfaces and software components.
He or she will work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces).
The role holder will also configure and/or customize Oracle ERP applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools, assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments and enhance and create user and system documentation as needed.
- Review and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality. Ensure integration of designs across development team and design, build & test ERP components e.g. interface, conversion and report programs;
- Appropriately monitor interfaces to oracle ERP. Provide training and support on oracle ERP modules and development tools, review & interpret technical manuals for the Oracle ERP system and assist in creating/update Oracle TAR’s.
- Perform integrations between on-premise ERP and Fusion and also integrations to third party systems.
- Ensures the effectiveness of overall systems performance.
- Design and develop front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Participate in the capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system.
- Support new and existing application development by creating modifications and enhancements for Oracle ERP applications and perform high level system design.
- Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification.
- Specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulates designs for their solutions.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Interact with clients to gather and refine requirements.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications.
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents.
- Formalize test plans and implement troubleshooting procedures.
- IT, Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering.
- Extensive programming experience using Java J2EE, Pl/Sql, VB, SQL,C++
- Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development or NoSQL DBs.
- Certification in Database systems and RDBMS systems, OCA, OCP or ODI/SOA certifications.
- Extensive experience working with Cloud Native applications and development. Experience in ERP integrations both Fusion and EBS.
- 3 years of work experience in Oracle ERP applications development, which includes system customization and report designs.
- Conversant with OAF development
- 3 years of work experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix.
- Experience in data warehousing, business analysis, knowledge in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- 4GL for programming – Visual Basic/Oracle Application builder.
- Unix user skills.
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
Engineer – VAS Products Development
The VAS Solutions Product Development Engineer shall develop and integrate VAS Products & Services offered to Safaricom customers with the goal of delivering high quality solutions within approved schedules. VAS Products & Services comprise of all Value Added Services which include, but not limited to, Messaging, USSD, Content delivery, Voice (RBT, IVR & Media exchange), Video, Device management and IOT solutions.
- Development, configuration and integration of all VAS solutions/systems in line with the Digital IT strategy execution plan.
- Actively participate in defining strategy, roadmaps and architecture design for the VAS products.
- Embrace the new ways of working in VAS domain with the goal of ensuring 50% of VAS projects are delivered through agile methodology.
- Timely delivery of projects assigned with the goal of ensuring high quality standards are met and solutions are operationally viable. Responsible for ensuring First Time Right delivery of all solutions developed.
- Enhance processes and DevOps to improve delivery and increase efficiency by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Accurately document products & services developed & delivered ensuring they follow DevOps Cycle.
- Embrace a DevOps culture by ensuring all developed products and Services are gracefully handed to operations for support.
- Develop and continuously update a knowledge base of best practice for VAS products and Service development.
- Collaborate with both Technical and Business teams to ensure seamless deployment of products.
- BSc. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical & Electronics engineering/Computer Science/IT.
- 3 years’+ experience in a busy telecommunication/ IT environment or Software Engineering with good knowledge in development for VAS solutions including Messaging, Voice, Video & IOT.
- Software Engineering methodologies including Agile-oriented development.
- Proficiency in networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing.
- Working knowledge in Unix systems and Databases – Oracle, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of security encryption solutions – SSL, firewalls, VPN, IPsec
- Strong experience in programming/scripting language(s) – Python, Perl , Shell or equivalent.
- 3rd Party RESTful API integration, PHP, MySQL, SQL server, web service working knowledge preferred.
Core SDM Planning Engineer
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, Subscriber Data Management, Core Network Planning & Design, this individual will be responsible for the design, deployment, second-line support and general management of SDM systems including the HLR, HSS, EIR, MNP, AAA and the Number Management System, and for technical tasks related to SIM cards and eSIM. This individual will also be responsible for the automation of repetitive tasks within this domain, as well the creation of rules, standards, templates and formulation of best practices within the domain. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for capacity planning for these systems, as well as analyzing and correcting faults related to them.
- Automation of repetitive tasks within the SDM domain and Core Network domain
- Planning, design and deployment for HLR, HSS, EIR, MNP, AAA and OneNDS
- Planning, design and deployment for the Number Management System
- Planning, design and deployment for the IoT SDM nodes (IoT-HLR, etc.)
- Management of the eSIM platform and other emergent SDM platforms
- Preparation of technical designs, work instructions, scripts and command templates
- Acceptance testing for network hardware, software and SIM cards, including eSIM
- Capacity monitoring, planning and forecasting, and identification of emerging trends
- Fault analysis and correction, and regular technical audits
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in Engineering or any technical ICT discipline
- Experience with Core Network systems or in a technical design or support role handling GSM network systems
- Working knowledge of both bare-metal and virtualized/cloudified network infrastructure
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and shell commands
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp complex technical concepts
- Ability to perform basic data analytics and make data-driven planning decisions
- Experience with Cloud-native Network Functions will be and added advantage
- Experience with HLR/HSS/MNP/EIR/AAA will be an added advantage
- Experience with webservice APIs (e.g. SOAP and REST) will be an added advantage
- Ability to develop software code will be an added advantage.