Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Associate, Financial Market Sales
The Role Responsibilities
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- To sell Financial Markets products profitably to each of the allocated groups of SCB customers, drawn from a corporate & Institutional client segment, acting as their primary point of contact in Financial Markets. Revenue Growth through transactions in line with the objective set.
- Provide accurate and timely product service to Client Relationship relevant desks (Tellers, Trade Services Desks, Inward remittances desk, etc.) to meet customer needs at competitive price.
- Network on behalf of the team (communication back to team members) with customers, and with other SCB trading and sales groups, in order to solicit customer feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark sales processes and techniques, and to enhance the Bank’s profile in the market.
- Enhance the Bank’s reputation in the local market through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism and developing mutually beneficial working relationships with our customers.
- Full engagement with and implementation of A&A initiative in CCIB; active ownership of account planning and review processes by chairing / managing regular CCIB pipeline calls
- Maintain an up to-date knowledge of economic conditions and market trends, on which to base informed dialogue with customers concerning the market risks in their business.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specifically allocated group of customers
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer’s business, and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with SCB’s principal RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customer.
- Assist and support the sales and marketing team in achieving and maintaining daily and overall sales targets by providing up to-date relevant information on new and existing customers and preparing a daily sales plan
- Ensure self-development through regular review of Progress with Head of Sales with the objective of meeting present and future needs.
- Active dialogue with key clients – know their needs / get involved to address key issues
- Work closely with CCIB / Transaction Banking and other stakeholders to drive strategic client agenda
- Make sure you are selling products that are appropriate and suitable for the client’s profile and needs; issue termsheets where necessary
- Ensure that all FM Sales processes in Kenya are adhered to in line with approved policies and procedures.
- Value added solutions:
- Pre-deal check
- Enterprise and Appropriateness Framework
- Term-sheet : Completeness controls, Issuance, Client Acknowledgement
- Check for any customer disputes regarding alleged mis-selling
People and Talent
- Ensure Travel & Entertainment related expenses comply with policy. This includes, where required, pre-approval of client entertainment exceeding prescribed threshold
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure registrations of all client entertainment and gifts in the appropriate register and policy is adhered to for gifts given and received
- Higher engagement levels required in overall alignment & interaction with Segment & Product heads within Sales, including strategic initiatives; account plans etc
- Strong partnership and collaboration with trading, structuring, research
- Strong link with stakeholders across Risk functions
- Where applicable, ensuring that Market Risk and Counterparty limits are not exceeded.
- Liase with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective.
- Maintain an adequate control environment and operational procedures to prevent loss arising from non-adherence to controls.
- Make sure you are aware of and comply with data confidentiality requirements
- Make sure any delegation of formal authority is correctly documented and recorded, and where relevant location managers are informed.
- Ensure portfolio owners are responsible for all trades booked to the portfolios. Dealer should not be booking to unauthorised portfolios / accounts.
- Ensure any operational losses are investigated and monitored to avoid reoccurrence.
- Make sure you are personal trading / investment activity is pre-approved as required by policy.
- Ensure that all business or transactional related conflicts of interest are identified and mitigated as necessary.
- Run business in controlled manner; active ownership of key risk / control matters, with quick / effective escalation
- No Appropriate &Suitability breaches and no unauthorised credit excesses
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Regulatory & Business conduct
- To ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
- This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- To ensure behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed and achieves the outcomes.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Play role in leading the Kenya Financial Markets Sales team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- To abide by the Rules and Regulations laid down by the regulator, SCB’s Internal Control guidelines and the Dealers Code of Conduct.
- CCIB Relationship Managers
- Financial markets team & FM ops
- Legal and Compliance officer
- Branch Support and Compliance
- Credit Management & TCRM
- Trading Team
- Origination & Client Coverage
- Clients: Network with customers, promote the bank & facilitate marketing of FM solutions & capabilities, solicit customer feedback.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- ACI Dealing Certificate
- CMSA- CISI Securities Industry Certification for Dealer and Investment Advisor Representative.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya on scb.taleo.net to apply
Closing Date: 09/Oct/2021