Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Human Resource Management jobs, Public Administration jobs, Business Administration jobs, Industrial Psychology jobs,Driving jobs,
HR Associate (Sourcing and Talent Acquisition Specialist) SC6, Nairobi (178939)
What will you do?
- Ensure in close collaboration with the talent acquisition team that all vacancies announcements are sound and inspiring for the purpose of attracting best talents with a focus on gender;
- Collate data and contribute actively to the Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding weekly reports;
- Carry out active sourcing based on the position requirements. Uses new technologies, social media, software and networks, to identify, attract, and hire the best talent in support of WFP CO Somalia talent goals;
- Identify opportunities to expand relevant talent pools for critical and difficult-to-fill positions;
- Support developing and maintaining strong relationships with the different partners like universities, associations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline;
- Improve the gender diversity and drive the improvements of talent attraction and talent acquisition approaches, especially to attract qualified female candidates (with special attention on diaspora) to hardship locations;
- Increase the quality of applicant flow, including both internal and external, passive and active candidates and ensure local implementation across the operation;
- Write concise recruitment notes for obtaining management approval for selecting candidates;
- Travel to Area/field offices related to talent acquisition and employer branding project as necessary and possible;
- Any other duties in line with the profile and expertise.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
- Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
- Experience: Six or more years of professional experience in the specific field of Talent Acquisition, of which at least 3 at international or regional level.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as part of a multicultural and diverse team, and/or leading one.
- Deep knowledge of the recruiting market and trends in East Africa, more specifically in Somalia.
- Demonstrated success implementing creative candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies.
- Structured, organized and great planning skills to manage several recruitments simultaneously to successful completion.
- Experience in sourcing and recruiting hard-to-find profiles.
- Strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, technology, and sourcing tools. Experience with SAP talent acquisition platforms is highly desirable.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Ability to leverage social media to connect with diverse communities to brand and market organisation and jobs.
- Sound theoretical understanding of recruitment/talent acquisition concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
3. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
4. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
5. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
6. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.