Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Nursing jobs, Pharmaceutical jobs,
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will plan, lead and direct operations and quality matters in the Pharmacy Department. S/He will also be responsible to the day-to-day operations, pharmaceutical care, distributive services, inventory management, legal responsibility and personnel management.
- Plan and organize the deployment of pharmacy resources and scheduling of pharmacy work;
- Ensure that decisions are implemented in an efficient manner at the grass root level and without delays;
- Prepare, monitor, evaluate and take corrective action on variations to the assigned areas’ budget;
- Work closely with the medical, nursing and allied health at the assigned locations to harmonize pharmacies’ operations;
- As a member of the Formulary and Antibiotic Sub-committee, he/she will ensure adherence to MMU JCIA standards in both sub-committees;
- Develop annual goals and objectives for both sub-committees;
- Develop guidelines and data collection tools as required for the sub-committees;
- Ensure annual registration of the Main Hospital and all the outreach centers;
- Ensure renewal of the Pharmacy Practice License of all the Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Technologists;
- Ensure all the drugs stocked in the institution are registered with the regulatory authorities;
- Keep records of credentials of pharmacy staff;
- Actively participate in and promote organization team building activities;
- Research and develop tools to deliver clinical and theoretical education for specialty areas;
- Implement training plan jointly with the Clinical Pharmacists;
- Assist in regular continuous professional development activities (CEs, journal clubs etc.);
- Responsible for hiring and conducting interviews for new staff and facilitating induction of new staff into the department;
- Ensure availability of drugs at all Pharmacy locations;
- In charge of capacity building and training of pharmacy staff;
- Annual development of the departmental budget and efficient utilization of resources;
- As a member of Research Ethics Committee (REC), ensure review of all research protocols and thesis and deliver within the specified timelines;
- Supervision of outreach pharmacy staff;
- Ensure compliance with university policies and procedures; and
- Any other role as assigned by the supervisor.
- Masters degree in Pharmacy;
- Registered with Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- Valid practising license from Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Pharmacy Manager;
- Financial operations and leadership experience will be an added advantage;
- Basic knowledge and training about Quality systems, Risk Management and Strategic Planning;
- Influencing and networking skills;
- Interpersonal relationships skills;
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff in a team;
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
- Good understanding of numbers;
- Flexible and decisive; and
- Excellent computer skills-MS, Care system and eHR will be an added advantage.
Application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, should be sent to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, Aga Khan University, via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the position title on the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by September 30, 2023
Clinical Nurse, Wajir Community Medical Centre
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Wajir County, Kenya. The position holder will report to the Clinical Quality & Patient Safety Manager and to the Outreach Operation’s Manager.
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patients’ needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Carry out hemodynamic monitoring to include vital signs, neurological and fluid status; labs and radiological evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and report adverse reactions promptly.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga khan University Hospital Guidelines on waste management.
- Prepare for and assist physicians to perform various procedures in the clinic.
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the Clinic in charge, Clinical Quality Manager or Operations Manager.
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies, and perform timely safety checks on restraints, examination coaches, oxygen source and other medical equipment in the clinic.
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of clinic stock drugs and consumables
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of non-functional equipment to the Operations manager
- Follow discharge procedure of the out patients according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made where needed.
- Participate in clinic based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- Registered Nurse from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years’ continuous clinical experience in medical surgical Nursing.
- Fluency in Somali language will be considered advantageous
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to, the Manager-Talent Acquisition, Aga Khan University Hospital by email to: email@example.com