AMREF jobs, Healthcare jobs, Project Management jobs, Human Resources jobs, Psychology jobs, Public Health jobs, Health Systems jobs, Public Administration jobs, Business Administration jobs, International Development jobs,
Strategic Partnership Manager
- We are recruiting for a new Strategic Partnership Manager to join our Kenya Country team and support in developing and managing partnerships. This role aims to enable the organization to achieve excellence in strategic partnerships. The role will include developing a strategy on strategic partnerships and cultivating new partnership opportunities aligned with government priorities while growing existing partnerships. The partnership manager will support the organization in building solid relationships with the government at the national and county levels, development agencies, philanthropic foundations, implanting agencies, and various constituencies. You will contribute to laying the groundwork for Amref to effectively support primary health care at scale, leading to population health impact.
- This flexible, exciting role is well positioned at the heart of Amref’s strategy and at the leading edge of our drive towards transforming the health of communities. The role is full-time, based in Nairobi.
- The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision, entrepreneurial spirit, and solid experience in growing strategic partnerships.
- You will be part of the Senior Management Team, reporting to the Country Director and dotted line to the Deputy Country Director and Head of Programmes. You will collaborate with various teams to succeed in the role, including programs, business development, and communications.
- Develop a strategic partnership strategy with clear objectives aligned with the Amref Health Africa in Kenya strategic plan 2023-2030.
- Identify and cultivate new partnerships with governments, development agencies, philanthropic foundations, and implementing agencies such as NGOs.
- Research potential opportunities to develop new partnerships geared towards growing the organization and develop and manage a pipeline of partnership opportunities.
- Sustain engagement with partners and potential partners on an ongoing basis to achieve excellence in strategic partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to provide technical assistance to the public sector or other implementing partners and build partnerships to address technical assistance needs.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to colleagues on partnership/relationship management.
- Undertake program design and budgeting, as well as start-up work in conjunction with operations teams.
- Collaborate with the business development team to support preparing or co-creating bids and proposals to various financing agencies; and various other teams including those in programs, communication, advocacy, and finance to advance the organization’s strategic partnership agenda.
- Remain updated on current and emerging trends and developments in financing for primary health care, including community health, and work closely with business development and programme teams to understand bilateral and philanthropic funding agencies.
- Represent the organization in external high-level meetings, workshops, and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, interacting at the senior management level, in scoping new opportunities, strategic partnerships
- Master’s degree preferable in Public Health, Health Systems, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience scoping partnerships with development agencies including philanthropic foundations, Governments, and NGOs in the health sector, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Emerging markets experience, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Proven Experience of working strategically and in developing organizational strategy
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Project leadership and management experience.
- Proven ability to drive initiatives with minimal support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at a senior level of Government and diverse spectrum of stakeholders.
- Experience in management consulting and public health, a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Resourcefulness; Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills, collaborating, influencing skills
- Highly organized; Detail oriented
- Training and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in ICT
Employee Relations Specialist
- The Employee Relations Specialist will be responsible for maintaining positive employee relationships and ensuring compliance with local employment laws. S/he will facilitate training and provide guidance on HR policies and procedures to all levels of management and employees. The job incumbent will implement the disciplinary and grievance handling policies and procedures, while considering the application of the law and Amref’s policies, and procedures. This role is crucial in maintaining a productive work environment and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Develop and implement Employee Relations best practices and initiatives
- Handle employee complaints and facilitate counselling to employees as needed
- Provide guidance to management and employees on grievance-related matters and ensure consistent implementation of disciplinary procedures in the organization
- Liaise with Internal Audit and respective HRBPs to investigate employee cases; Respond to all queries raised on employee discipline matters in a fair and timely manner
- Manage the staff disciplinary process (end to end), including providing support for panel hearings, organizing for staff disciplinary meetings, preparing and being the custodian of the relevant documentation, among other critical elements of the disciplinary process
- Working closely with Internal Audit and the Legal department, participate in litigation cases for ex-staff as needed and provide critical information to support in such litigation cases
- In liaison with the legal department, advise management on the legal implications of disciplinary actions as they relate to the Labour Laws
- Monitor regularly changes in Labour laws and ensure that the HR policies and procedures are aligned to the existing labour laws
- Facilitate, collate and analyse employee feedback to inform management on crucial employee issues and advise management on appropriate action
- Conduct exit interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with management
- Conduct bi-monthly training session for HR Leads and line managers
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized university
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Employee Relations
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with three (3) years administering discipline and grievance procedures within the HR department in a high-volume organization
- Proven experience as Employee Relations Specialist or similar role
- Experience in design of employee experience journeys and employee-centred engagement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of local Employment laws and its practical application
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices of employee relations
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong conflict management skills, with a history of successfully coaching and mentoring employees through complex, challenging, and emotional issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain self-control in potentially emotional grievance handling and disciplinary situations.
- High integrity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Talent and Organizational Development Manager
- As one of the core members of the Talent Management team, the Talent and Organizational Development Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing high quality talent, learning and organizational development programs that promote excellence and boost employee growth and performance globally as we work on developing Amref employees’ capacity and expertise to meet Amref Health Africa Vision and Mission. Reporting to the Head of Talent Management, this position will focus on succession planning, leadership and team development, coaching, employee engagement and the use of the appropriate talent management and leadership tools and practices to drive performance excellence at Amref.
- Amref is seeking a Talent and Organizational Development Manager who is passionate about designing and implementing high quality learning and organizational development programmes that promote excellence and boost employee growth and performance globally as we work to achieve the organization’s mission. This position reports into the Head of Talent and is a key member of our Global Human Resources (GHR) team.
Global Talent, Learning and Development Programmes
- Under guidance of the Head of Talent Management, support the development and implementation of the global and regional Talent, L&D initiatives.
- Design and facilitate workshops and/or key interventions for individual departments and employee groups as needed.
- Establish and manage external partnerships that support talent development and organizational effectiveness such as workshop facilitators, executive coaches, consultants, and other key service providers
- Be part of the L&D community, actively collaborating with ideas on new solutions, external benchmarks and learning technologies.
- Design and execute strategic, high impact talent management practices such as the annual talent review and succession planning process with senior leadership, the performance management process, and the periodic peer feedback process.
- Work with leaders across the organization to identify succession gaps and develop talent development and retention strategies.
- Support execution of employee promotion and career-pathing initiatives. Assess global mobility opportunities and facilitate the implementation of the staff mobility programme between Amref offices.
- Refine existing talent management policies, systems and processes, and set up new processes as required.
- Drive the development and implementation of a comprehensive DEIB strategy by defining targets, developing a work plan, and crafting DEIB related organizational communication.
- Gain insights to enhance leadership and organization culture, support in the identification of bottlenecks and propose developments through analysis, feedback and recommendations for action.
- Together with the Head of Talent, supervise global employee engagement initiatives and other culture-aligned initiatives. Partner with key internal stakeholders to support and guide these initiatives.
- Utilize leadership development strategies, data, tools, and processes to identify employee learning requirements and competency gaps by conducting a talent assessment.
- Review the performance appraisal and advise the Head of Talent on performance-related issues and provide guidance to leaders on calibrating performance in the iLead system.
- Provide support in preparation and consolidation of Talent, Learning and Development budgets for headquarters and countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or closely related field. Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Member of IHRM with a practising certificate
- Relevant training and/or certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 (six) years of experience with at least four (4) years in talent management, organizational development or leadership development
- Experience in a fast-paced, complex and matrix organization
- In-depth knowledge of Talent, Learning and Development principles and practises
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Demonstrable commitment to the promotion of diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal development, excellence and impact
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a range of audiences and levels of experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources
- Ability to build good relationships and partnerships
- Ability to make logical, well-balanced and reasoned decisions
- Ability to proactively develop team dynamics and performance, ensuring quality standards are consistently achieved.
- Flexible and pragmatic with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Emotional resilience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Willingness to work flexibly and travel as and when required
- People management skills
- Committed to people development and the organizational values and behaviours that underpins the Amref culture.