Senior Manager: Reconciliation
As the Senior Manager of Reconciliation, you will play a pivotal role in building a credible, reliable and robust reconciliation practice for the organization, overseeing the reconciliation processes and ensuring the accuracy of financial data for our clients while maintaining the single source of truth on all portfolios assigned to them. This role requires a deep understanding of financial operations, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
This role will report to the Head of Reconciliation and Settlement and will manage a team of 4.
Settlement & Reconciliation Product Leads, Head of Finance (East Africa Hub) & Head of Finance, (West Africa Hub).
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy and visibility of the cash position of the business at the designated cadence and prepare management reports on the status of reconciliations
- Implement Account Ownership and Reconciliation Policy and maintain detailed knowledge of recon procedures, risks, systems and processes to effectively manage and oversee the recons process and liaise with key stakeholders to resolve queries.
- Conduct an investigation of all long outstanding exceptions to understand underlying causes and liaise with the relevant stakeholders in resolving unmatched items.
- Regularly perform audits of the reconciliation process to ensure adherence to set procedures and identify gaps and areas for improvement, and where required follow up on long outstanding exceptions and monitor high-risk/high-value items to ensure that all exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor all accounts and perform spot-checks regularly to check for any anomalies that may arise during the reconciliation processes.
- Manage exceptions in the recon process by liaising with relevant teams to resolve disputes and ensure exceptions are resolved in a timely manner. When required, conduct spot checks and resolve any escalated queries in a timely manner.
- Provide training and on-the-job guidance to team members to build capability, enhance skills to perform day-to-day duties and ensure strict adherence to SOPs.
- Review and validate stakeholder recommendations and implement viable changes to optimize relevant processes and procedures.
- Stay up to date and understand the best practices in the same and related industries to ensure Cellulant reconciliation procedures are up to par and best in class at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Must have experience:
- At least 8 years experience in accounting with 5 years of experience managing reconciliation within a financial institution (preferably a bank) and a thorough understanding of digital payment services, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of the foreign exchange market, processing cross-border payments and management of multiple currencies within a digital ecosystem, as well as an understanding of the risks associated with managing transactions in multiple jurisdictions.
Experience that will count in your favor:
- Previous experience setting up a reconciliation team from scratch.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements in the financial industry.
- Strong project management skills.
Nice to have experience:
- Proficiency in reconciliation software and tools.
- Experience in the financial services industry is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting.
- CPA-K Certification.
- Financial Accounting.
- Reconciliation Process & Procedures.
- Data Management.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Change management.
- Decision making.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Coaching skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and learning agility.
Principal: People and Culture Partner
As the Principal: People and Culture Partner you will serve as a critical link between business objectives and employees within designated business units. You will be required to demonstrate in-depth business acumen and ensure Cellulant’s values and objectives are reflected through effective people management. This role requires a keen understanding of the business unit’s financial stance, strategic plans, required capabilities, and internal structures.
The Principal: People and Culture will report to the CPO and will be expected to work collaboratively with various teams across the organization. Continual learning and staying updated on HR trends and best practices are essential for success in this role.
Internal Client Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business unit leaders, acting as their primary HR point of contact.
- Proactively seek feedback on HR initiatives, using input to enhance HR’s value proposition to the business.
- Foster a collaborative environment where HR is seen as a supportive and integral partner in achieving business objectives.
Recruitment and Organizational Design
- Support recruitment efforts, ensuring they are rooted in robust organizational design principles.
- Continuously work with leadership to recruit the best available talent by supporting the TA processes and coaching hiring managers.
- Collaborate closely with the Talent Acquisition and Reward teams to source talent that fits our ambitions and Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
Talent Development Agenda
- Drive the talent development strategy in collaboration with the Head of Learning.
- Play an instrumental role in initiatives related to career planning, succession management, internal talent mobility, and development.
People Policy Development and Implementation
- Collaborate in the creation of people policies that align with business goals and company values.
- Lead the rollout of these policies within designated business units, ensuring understanding and adherence.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of these policies, suggesting modifications when necessary.
People Frameworks and Tools
- Identify, implement, and maintain HR frameworks that facilitate business growth and operational efficiency.
- Ensure teams and staff are structured optimally, distinguishing between revenue-generating and support roles.
- Provide tools and resources that support the growth and development of the workforce.
Information and Business Results
- Connect HR strategies and actions to business outcomes, ensuring that HR initiatives positively impact business results.
- Monitor and review the business’s financial and strategic standing, adapting HR approaches as needed.
- Contribute to HR analytics, deciphering trends and patterns that can influence business decisions.
- Use data-driven insights to recommend HR strategies that drive the business forward.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to refine data collection and interpretation processes.
Employee Relations and Case Management
- Act as the primary point of contact for employee concerns, fostering a positive work environment and mediating disputes when necessary.
- Oversee the case management process, ensuring timely resolution and minimal disruption.
- Facilitate communication between management and employees, promoting understanding and cooperation.
HR Data Management
- Ensure the accuracy and security of all HR-related data, including personal employee information, performance metrics, and more.
- Collaborate with IT and data teams to optimize HR data systems, ensuring ease of access and report generation.
- Regularly audit HR data to identify discrepancies or areas for improvement.
- Champion employee wellness programs and consistently monitor employee net promoter scores (eNPS).
- Utilize these metrics and feedback mechanisms to fortify and imbed the distinctive Cellulant culture within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree or HR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years of HR experience, with a focus on partnering or consulting with senior leadership.
- International/cross-border experience preferably within the Financial services industry or FMCG Multinational environment in Africa.
- Prior experience within a software development startup/scale-up environment or large internal technology and business transformation divisions is highly advantageous.
- Proven track record in executing HR strategies that align with business objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.