Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Insurance jobs, Finance jobs, Business related jobs, Marketing jobs, Legal jobs,
Relationship Officer – Retail Pension
Job Ref. No. JLIL151
- The role holder will be responsible for conserving existing business while providing superior service to the retirement benefits business clients, in full compliance with the laid down procedures and guidelines as set out in the operations manuals. The role holder will also deal with and help resolve any customer complaints and implement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction levels, loyalty and ensure that the customers receive a world class customer service experience.
- Conserving existing business and offering alternative products to existing clients e.g., annuity, IDD and provident fund cross sell and following up/providing leads for new business.
- Building strong business relationships with our existing and new retail group clients.
- Member education and physical visits to meet the respective clients’ management team(s).
- Training of any new staff to predispose them to opening a PPP.
- Ensuring that any new staff’s applications are channeled to the new business team for creation in the system.
- Ensuring that new employees transfer their funds to Jubilee Insurance from previous employers.
- Facilitate setting up of online self-service credentials for any new organizations.
- Ensuring that all contributions are collected and updated in a timely manner, and any reconciliation issue is raised with the client immediately. This will involve working closely with the allocations team to ensure that updates are timely and accurate and that any missing inputs (from client) are obtained in a timely and seamless manner. (Act as a liaison officer)
- Ensure that any withdrawal requests are worked on, and payments are made within the agreed TATs by the claims team.
- Sending quarterly reports and master statements.
- Respond to any other queries that clients may have.
- Ensure customer inquiries and complaints are promptly and effectively resolved within the required timelines.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution.
- Ensuring all schemes are managed and administered in full compliance of existing legislation.
Key contact person for high-net-worth individuals in PPP.
Market Research and Competitor Analysis:
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and competitor offerings to provide valuable insights for business development and customer retention strategies.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and internal policies, ensuring compliance in all aspects.
- Implement and uphold robust data protection and privacy practices, safeguarding customer information and ensuring confidentiality.
- Participate in audits and internal control assessments, addressing any identified gaps or issues promptly.
- Compliance: Stay updated with insurance regulations and best practices to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Adherence to the laws and regulations of Kenya, the policies and regulations within the insurance industry and all internal company policies and procedures.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship while maintaining a conducive work environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop initiatives that promote a positive and inclusive company culture.
- Individualized Development Planning: Create personalized development plans that align with your career aspirations and the organization’s objectives.
- Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to establish trust, rapport, and credibility with customers.
- Customer Focus: Dedication to understanding and meeting customer needs, providing exceptional service, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey complex pension concepts and provide clear and concise explanations to customers.
- Financial Acumen: Sound understanding of financial concepts, investment products, and retirement planning strategies to deliver knowledgeable advice and recommendations.
- Problem-Solving: Analytical and critical thinking skills to assess customer situations, identify solutions, and address issues or concerns effectively.
- Sales and Business Development: Ability to identify opportunities for business growth, promote additional pension products or services, and generate leads or referrals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Business, Marketing or any other related course.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- TDPK Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two – three years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits and Insurance in Kenya will be an added advantage
Data Protection Officer
Job Ref. No. JLIL150
- The purpose of this role is to establish, implement and enforce a robust Data Protection and compliance framework and systems (policies, processes, and tools) so as to ensure that Jubilee Insurance companies are compliant with the Data Protection Act and Regulations.
- Establishing the Data Protection Act Governance, regulatory framework and implementation plan which shall include development of the various required statements and policies.
- Guiding the various Companies, their departments, and all support functions on implementation of Data Protection Act 2019 requirements and supporting them to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Regularly training of all internal stakeholders involved in data collection/processing, updating the training as well as conducting specific trainings for specific processing requirements.
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance, accountability and address potential issues proactively.
- Serving as the Data Protection Officer and point of contact between the Companies, the Data Commissioner and other Regulatory Authorities and co-operating with them during inspections by answering any complaints or queries raised with regards to Data Protection.
- Monitoring performance and adherence to the requirements of the regulation while providing advice on the data protection impact assessment.
- Creating and maintaining a register on comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company, including the purposes of all processing activities, which must be made public on request.
- Interfacing with data controllers, data processors and data subjects to inform them about the use of data, the data protection rights, obligations, responsibilities, measures the companies and support functions have put in place to protect personal and/or sensitive information and raise awareness on all of the above.
- Advising and recommending to the institutions/support functions and their employees on the interpretation and/or application of the Data Protection Act or any other written law on data privacy.
- Handling queries or complaints internally or externally regarding data confidentiality and use.
- Providing status updates to the Head of Compliance, Senior and Middle Management on a regular basis (at least monthly) and drawing immediate attention to any failure to comply with the applicable data protection requirements.
- Data Protection Regulations: Developing together with the business and support functions, carrying out impact assessments, data protection policies, guidelines, and processes to ensure that compliance is consistent and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Creating an Information Base: Guide and support on the creation of an information base on Data Protection and any other elements which may be helpful to the controllers and the staff of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Build a stable professional relationship with data controllers providing advice where necessary and investing time and efforts in showing the benefits of data protection compliance.
- Support the business in preparation of digital and other privacy statements as may be required for the institutions and supporting functions and ensure processes are put in place for the institutions/support functions to collect consents from the relevant data subjects and partners, have relevant privacy statements provided on all company forms and/or literature, websites and other communication or data collection mediums.
- Preparing an annual work programme at the beginning of each year for the upcoming year for the sign off by the institution.
- Networking with other Data Protection Officers to share information and keep up with information and emerging trends around data protection as well as following up on change in laws and make recommendations on changes required.
- Expertise in data protection law and practice
- A complete understanding of the company’s IT infrastructure, technology, technical and organizational structure.
- Experience and knowledge of the organization’s data processing operations and the level of data protection required for what is processed.
- Should be both reliable and independent, with no prior commitments that would interfere with the monitoring responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer.
- Should have excellent management skills and be able to interface easily with both internal staff at all levels and outside authorities.
- Personal skills: integrity, initiative, organization, perseverance, discretion, ability to assert himself/herself in difficult circumstances, interest in data protection and motivation to be a Data Protection Officer.
- Interpersonal skills: Communication, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Ability to build working relationships.
- Bachelor of Laws or any other related field
- Para Legal Diploma from the Kenya School of Law
- Privacy Professional Certifications provided by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) such
- as Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Information Technology (CIPP/IT).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a mid-management level in a compliance/audits environment within the financial services industry preferably in the insurance or banking industry
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 19th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted