Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Senior Logistics Officer – 1 Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the planning and organizing the movement of goods and materials from the supplier and manufacturers to customers as well as implementing the logistics policies and strategies.
- Participating in formulating strategies of minimizing costs associated with movement and storage of goods within KTDA group by leveraging on transport, clearing and forwarding, courier services across KTDA managed factories and subsidiaries.
- Monitoring transport prices used by various factories and subsidiaries with a view of standardizing transport charges and minimize wastage.
- Identifying and address logistical barriers that decrease operational efficiency across the group including working relationship with the contractors and service providers.
- Monitoring the consumption of both consumable and non-stock items across the group and facilitate the adoption of the best procurement and logistics practices on each of the identified category.
- Monitoring and facilitating implementation of the new government legislation on logistics related aspects of the business.
- Reviewing of import terms currently employed in importation of goods and services within the group and advice on the optimal choices for various categories of goods and services.
- Analyzing all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost- effective 9or efficient means of transporting products and supplies.
- Ensuring courier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Spearheading standardization of specification and variety reduction of items used across the group.
- Facilitating drafting of the service level agreement for procurement and logistic function.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
- A bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business Management or any other relevant field
- Must have an advanced diploma in Procurement, Logistics/ Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of (6) years’ experience in procurement and logistics function, 2 of which must have been in a supervisory role
- A member of KISM/CIPS/CSPS/CILT/IABFM (CIPP)
- Should be an active communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Supplier relationship management and strong customer service skills;
- Flexible, adaptable and ability to multitask;
- A team player with strong coordination skills;
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and manage priorities;
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented;
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and practical knowledge of ERP e.g. SAP.
How to apply
Login to www.ktdateas.com/recruitment and apply online not later than 21st August 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
KTDA MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD is an equal opportunity employer.