Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
NGO jobs, Safety and Environment jobs, Project Management jobs,
School Meal Program (SMP) Officer
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and a sense of direction to the School meals program (SMP) monitors and head teachers on the clearly set objectives of SMP. In addition to this, the position holder orients the head teachers and SMP monitors on the strategies and modalities of achieving the set objectives of the program.
- Liaise with senior education officer and WFP field staff to sensitize the stakeholders on the importance of SMP in meeting education objectives.
- Representing LWF in food coordination meetings and sharing the minutes with senior education officer.
- The position holder will supervise SMP monitors and Head Teachers and closely scrutinizes the performance and the quality of their service delivery.
- The position holder will give professional advice to SMP monitors so that they carry out their monitoring activities which will in turn help them to monitor food usage and impact on learners’ school attendance and academic performance thus helping them carry out their duty in a manner that is consistent to the general objectives of LWF/WS Kenya-Somalia Project.
- The position holder will inculcate in his subordinates a spirit of team work, build confidence, motivate and encourage high performance.
- The position holder positively will relate and liaise with, LWF, WFP/UNHCR and staff from the other implementing partners’ and community leaders in a manner that promotes good relationship.
- Attending at WFP monthly/annual food coordination meetings and sharing the findings.
- Taking part in mid-term reviews with WFP.
- Sharing of transport plans and coordinating SMP activities and term dates with the relevant stakeholders.
- Helping SMP monitors and, Head teachers grow professionally taking them through induction courses and teaching them report writing skills.
- Working and relating closely with other workers, thus ensuring for the common success of the organizational objectives.
- . Embracing the rights‐based approach when interacting with people of concern and when implementing project activities.
- Interacting with rights holders and forming or selecting committees among the stakeholders to promote and safe guard the rights of the people of concern.
- Orienting the learners on their food entitlement so that each child knows what he/she is supposed to get.
- Writing reports on SMP activities/progress and impact on learners’ school attendance and academic performance via indicators, challenges and potentiality for growth.
- Ensuring that all cross‐cutting issues (i.e. gender, environmental conservation, conflict resolution, accountability and LWF approaches (i.e. rights‐based approach, integrated approach, and community empowerment) are integrated into all the project activities.
- Help the education coordinator, through supporting delegations and taking instructions outside of one’s area of jurisdiction thus contributing to the general objectives of the project
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
- At least a degree in education (B.ED) from a recognized university or any other social science with additional training in logistics, candidates with a diploma in logistics may be considered.
- Strong analytical, administration and documentation skills in the management of a schools meals program.
- At least 3 years of experience in in a similar capacity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work within tight schedules.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, a team player.
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF Kenya- Somalia Program is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.” Cover letter and detailed C.V. Should reach before the close of business on 13th January, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assessing, formulating and implementing patient’s treatment plan
- Carrying out clients functional assessments and formulating intervention measures
- Providing health education to clients and caregivers
- Maintaining records and data relating to patients.
- Participating and collecting data for operational research.
- Protecting clients and support staff by adhering to Infection Control Protocols.
- Sensitizing the community on existing and emerging disability issues
- Implementing and monitoring Occupational Therapy programmes at the EARC centers and outreach services
- Supervising and capacity building EARC community staff on provision of occupational therapy services to CwDs.
- Facilitating monthly parents and caregivers meetings of parents of CwDs.
- Ensuring compliance with the set standard operating procedures as provided
- Implementing project activities as per set work plans for the department
- Preparing periodic reports for the department
Qualifications/Experience and Personal Attributes
- Diploma in Occupational therapy from KMTC
- Registered and licensed by the Kenya Occupational Therapy Association (KOTA)
- Skills and hands-on experience in Sensory integration or Hand therapy will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Good knowledge of human rights (UN-convention on rights of PWD’s)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2 years practical experience in a similar role. Experience working with an International
- Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage
- Work experience in hardship, marginalized areas, or emergency setting
- Working experience in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities/CBR programs will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- A good team player with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance