Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Product Management jobs, M-Kopa jobs,
Data Privacy Counsel
Main Job Responsibilities
- You will undertake privacy program remediation activities, conduct data audits to ensure compliance and provide advice on the impact of data protection efforts.
- You will conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and undertake the assessments following data privacy laws.
- You will identify areas of non or partial compliance with privacy law and rectify any issues.
- You will support implementation of essential elements of the Data Protection legislation, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
- You will review our policies following Data Protection Regulation and codes of practice.
- You will maintain comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by our company, including the purposes of all processing activities.
- You will develop guidelines and templates clauses and contracts for management of several team members and relationships relating to processing of personally identifiable information.
- You will raise awareness, brainstorm internal communications and training plans and provide data protection advice and support for members of staff.
- You will develop external communication plan for privacy awareness for third parties and partners.
- You will support in management and administration of privacy software and data incident response and data breach notification procedures.
- You will monitor industry best practice and trends for privacy and consumer protection to keep training material up to date.
- You will identify and use opportunities to improve the quality of data privacy processes and standards.
- Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization and suppliers involved in processing personal data.
- Support special projects for our company, including privacy certification, audits, new market expansion, legal & privacy compliance.
- Help with data privacy and consumer protection related due diligence, queries for transactions and from team members.
Experience/ Skills & Competencies/ Licenses & Certifications/ Education Required
- Over five (5) years’ experience working in data protection or privacy compliance.
- Qualified lawyer
- Experience running data privacy operations including data privacy impact assessments, transfer impact assessments, vendor assessments, risk management.
- Experience with data processing operations, including information systems, data security and data protection needs.
- Expertise on Data Protection laws across M-KOPA markets.
- Privacy Related Professional certification (CIPP, CIPT, PECB IEC/ISO 27001, 27701 Implementer or Auditor) an added advantage.
Senior Product Manager
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Product management can mean a lot of different things at different companies. At M-KOPA we see product management as the sum total of the through line from understanding our users and delivering this end to end with our product delivery teams. Have you ever wanted to solve the challenges of financial inclusion and empower people to improve their lives? Have you wanted to create software products for a Fintech doing just that at the scale of millions of Customers? Here’s your chance. You can take on a senior product role at M-KOPA, focus on how to meet our customers’ long-term financing needs and create some amazing software products to do so.
You will start out reporting to the Group Product Manager for Retention; that said M-KOPA is growing fast and the product you own is likely to change eventually. This role is fully Remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3).
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL;
- You will consult with your Group PM to set clear and OKRs for your Group. You will manage your product and available resources to achieve your OKRs.
- You must be committed to the psychological safety of your team and all those around you
- You have a demonstrated experience with a product approach that puts Discovery before Delivery and early learning before a featured solution.
- You already to start new products, solve new problems that haven’t been solved before, and to lead.
- You will have big ideas and you will hear big ideas from our customers and leaders across M-KOPA. You will focus the collaborative conversation onto the problem we have to solve and arrive at a prioritized list of clear tests of the most important hypotheses.
- You will lead Discovery with our Design team to make sure we understand the problem we’re solving and you’ll improve on the solutions from there based on data gathered from testing hypotheses.
- You will work with market research teams to understand user needs, define a vision for the product, and advocate for the customer throughout the product lifecycle.
- You have a bias for looking first in the data for answers and a tendency to monitor data dashboards for insights daily.
- We’re looking for a captivating story teller who can tell stories to our execs and senior leaders within the business.
- You have a strong sense of UI/UX design principles to help inform good product design choices in collaboration with our Design team.
- Using agile product process, you will write and move your user stories through refinement to meet our definition of ready.
- You will collaborate with engineering during the Delivery cycle to manage engineering constraints when they arise, with a bias towards shipping valuable work each sprint, learning, and iteratively improving based on data.
- You enjoy communicating visually. You are comfortable refining wireframes and process maps to guide Discovery.
- You lead by example, modeling Product Management best practices for the product team and the business. You are comfortable advocating for process improvements to clear the path for you and others achieve your OKRs
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN
- You have at least 4 years experience in software product management
- Experience using data to lead product decisioning
- Experience leading multi functional teams
- Build winning teams who feel understand the teams missions
- You like to improve and can demonstrate taking the initiative.