Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Engineering jobs, Logistics jobs,
The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient distribution of newspapers and courier parcels as well as continually monitoring the distribution process.
- Allocating resources such as staff and vehicles to the newspaper and Courier delivery processes;
- Maintaining good employee relations to ensure highest degree of morale & discipline;
- Appraising staff, identifying their strength & weakness & recommending appropriate training to develop & optimize individual talents;
- Managing and controlling cost through continuous motor vehicles and motorcycles monitoring;
- Ensuring customer service excellence in newspaper and courier deliveries;
- Sorting out immediate complains arising from the delivery process. These could be either no drops, misdrops, misplaced/lost parcels among others;
- Preparing and circulating to senior managers the daily market arrivals report;
- Tracking Motor vehicles & motorcycles through the FMS and generating daily reports.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution;
- Relevant professional qualification;
- 3 years of relevant experience;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Ability to write complex reports; and
- Analytical skills.
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, NCD
The job holder will be responsible for the supervision of the maintenance and repair of company vehicles and motor cycles at the premises of outsourced service providers as well as ensuring satisfactory provision of services as per the service-level agreements and within the approved budget.
- Ensuring the timely and cost effective implementation of vehicle preventive maintenance schedules and repairs as per the manufacturers service manuals;
- Inspecting service parts, monitoring fittings and replacements as necessary as well as inspecting the mutilation of obsolete parts;
- Receiving vehicle defect reports from Distribution Assistants, raise repair job cards as appropriate and ensuring satisfactory repairs;
- In consultation with the NCD Management, allocating serviceable vehicles for newspaper distribution and other transport services;
- Conducting annual vehicle inspection repairs to facilitate renewal of inspection stickers and other applicable licenses and tax payments; and
- Renewing vehicle statutory documents as necessary.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option);
- Five (5) years working experience in the automotive industry and reputable workshops / garages;
- Technical skills;
- Ability to communicate;
- Report writing skills; and
- Numeric skills.
Business Solutions Executives
The successful candidates will be responsible for selling creatives and innovative advertising solutions in the Advertising department while providing effective services for maximization of advertising share of budget. The positions are available in Mombasa, Nakuru, Nyeri, Kisumu and Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities and Role Duties
- Research available business opportunities and identify new leads and new opportunities for advertising by generating and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Prospect, identify, and qualify clients for new business opportunities by providing creative advertising solutions and presentations that are unique to each client;
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs;
- Ensure client focused selling by providing excellent customer service to existing clients to both retain and grow those accounts as well as maintaining interactions with potential new businesses and clients;
- Demonstrate value preposition to clients;
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports;
- Achieve set annual and monthly targets for multimedia advertising sales solutions
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services;
- Increase advertising opportunities for Digital and Print products translating to increased revenues;
- Maintain and grow business contacts for existing and potential clients;
- Develop and implement plans for increasing sales volumes, market share and portfolio;
- Work with Business Solutions Manager and creative team to formulate creative solutions for clients’ needs in realization of revenues for NMG.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business studies or related field from a recognized university;
- At least two (2) years’ experience preferably in media sales;
- Must be competitive, possess a positive attitude, disciplined and fast to the market and have a passion to win;
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills tailored to the client’s/audience needs;
- Demonstrable strong work ethic for completing sales cycles;
- Strong negotiation skills with teamwork ability; and,
- Demonstrable strength in client service and continuous growth.