Social science jobs, Public Health jobs, International Development jobs, Public Administration jobs, Project Management jobs,
Senior Technical Advisor, OVC
- The Senior Technical Advisor OVC will manage, coordinate, oversee, and monitor capacity strengthening activities and relationships with local implementing partners (LIPs) and other USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project stakeholders to assist in OVC Service delivery (HIV services, Education, Psychosocial Support, Adolescent services including DREAMS,) strengthening case management systems and referral networks, advancing PATH work of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- His/her project management skills and technical knowledge in HIV care and treatment and OVC programming will ensure that PATH delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto project.
- Lead technical Service Delivery, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with PATH program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all deliverables through the case management systems and referral networks component of the project. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Lead the development, dissemination, and implementation of strategies, approaches, guidance, standard operating procedures, tools, and various job-aids to facilitate service delivery through case management and referral and strengthen referral networks amongst social service providers.
- Take lead in providing technical assistance, guidance, and capacity strengthening for USAID NURU YA MTOTO project staff and LIPs in HIV, Education, PSS, child safeguarding and Care through case management and referral networks, ensuring learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, mentoring and coaching.
- Lead Project technical team to work with and create linkages with stakeholders involved in Adolescent service delivery with a specific focus on USAID NURU YA MTOTO Adolescent girls receiving top up and or service layering in line with DREAMS service delivery. Strengthen coordination and networking, facilitate linkages, communication, and learning exchanges between GOK entities, LIPs, and CSOs/CBOs to support strengthening of case management capacity. Apply appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to achieve the assigned project outcome. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Maintain relationships and represent PATH with DCS, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in relevant forums and knowledge networks to collect and share promising practices in case management systems and referral networks, promote PATH’ work, and contribute to the PATH learning agenda.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science, Public Health, Gender, International Development, Development Economics or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in project management with at least 3 years in an advisory role in relation to HIV care and treatment and/or OVC programming, ideally with an international NGO.
- Strong knowledge of the health and social service sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user-friendly guidance, tools and standard operating procedures for use at health facilities, CSO/CBO and community levels.
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels including but not limited to State and government actors, LIPs, civil society, healthcare providers and social service providers.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong communication, relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Good technical writing skills in English
Chief of Party- USAID Kenya Digital Health Ecosystem Activity
- PATH Kenya is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Kenya Digital Health Ecosystem project. The project will aim to improve the availability and delivery of quality of healthcare services through integrated and comprehensive digital health platform in Kenya. The project will focus on three main components namely strengthening digital health governance, strengthening interoperability and expansion of existing health information system to support health care delivery, and lastly forging and strengthening strategic partnership for sustainability of digital health investments. This comprehensive sector-wide health information ecosystem will help to achieve health systems outcomes of equity, quality, and resources optimization.
- The COP will accountable for overall delivery of the project objectives including provision of strategic and technical leadership to project implementation team, forging and managing relationship with varied stakeholders’ groups including USAID, Directorate of Policy, Digital Health, and Innovations at the Ministry of Health, technical and implementing partners. This person is expected to kick start the project in a timely manner and implement appropriate adjustments to ensure the project maintains its critical path and meets the intended contractual objectives. This person will be the key Project liaison between PATH Kenya, MOH, USAID local mission. Other internal PATH Kenya teams and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project.
- Please note this position is contingent upon award to PATH and approval from the donor.
Reporting And Supervision
- The Chief of Party will report to the PATH Kenya Country Director and may have matrixed reporting lines. S/he is expected to work closely with other Digital Health leadership teams.
- Provide overall technical and strategic leadership and ensure quality of the project, ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial, and administrative) for the project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards and USAID requirements.
- Represent PATH Kenya, build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with USAID, project partners and national government counterparts (e.g., ministries of health and regional health bureaus) and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide vision, overall leadership, and technical guidance to the project staff.
- Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending.
- Uphold the standards of PATH Kenya to lead a high-performing team; ensure strict compliance to USAID and PATH Kenya policies, regulations, and internal controls.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
- Lead collaboration and network development activities with national, regional, and global partners as appropriate and expected for the delivery of the Project.
- Lead development of project strategy as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, public administration, public policy, international development, information technology, or a related field;
- A minimum of 12 years’ or more of progressively responsible international work experience implementing digital health/HIS project with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- At least 12 years of experience implementing USAID donor funded projects with at least 5 of those years in a senior manager role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience successfully leading international development projects such as health information systems development and implementation, digital health strategy and roadmaps development and implementation, eHealth architecture development and interoperability services, digital health infrastructure development, of increasing scope and complexity.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the health informatics fields with proven successful implementation of this project.
- Demonstrated competency in leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated competency in management, leadership, decision making, and diplomacy;
- Experience working with Kenya government preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading organizations and people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets to achieve results;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior host government personnel, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, and U.S. Government Agencies;
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.