Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Marketing Jobs, Development Jobs, Strategy Management Jobs,
Capability Development Lead
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy Capability Development Lead within Channels and Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Reporting to the Cluster Lead – Route to Customer the role holder will Lead the development and delivery of functional learning and development strategy, ensuring that learning is aligned to strategic priorities. Manage the delivery of function learning and development activities and build the effectiveness and capability of staff to drive high performance.
- Design, delivery and measurable success of the capability strategy, ensuring that this complements the functional strategic direction and business plans.
- Develop and implement people planning, including all learning and development related plans, working collaboratively with HR to meet the desired outcomes.
- Working with managers and HR, identify individual and business related training needs.
- Work innovatively with external partners to commission/develop appropriate training interventions to improve and enhance the learning and development offer.
- Source and develop specialist third party providers as required.
- Manage the design, development and delivery of a range of integrated learning and development solutions.
- Source appropriate methodologies, and delivering training and facilitation to staff as required.
- Act as an expert in learning and development, providing expert advice and support to the business, and ensuring that the strategic contribution that learning makes to the function is understood.
- Develop training needs assessment framework, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas.
- Design training curriculum i.e physical and digital educational materials.
- Plan, implement and manage sales capabiluty programs and field-based training.
- Report on impact of training programs (e.g. sales uplift).
- Lead the development of a culture of continuous improvement, introduce impact measured analytics to demonstrate scale of success of learning and development delivery, inform future capability needs and demonstrate return on investment.
- Managing learning resources including the training budget to ensure maximum effectiveness of expenditure and return on investment.
- Liaise with external trainers or industry professionals to organize training programs and keep abreast of latest training methodologies
- A Bachelors Degree in a Business related field isrequired and an MBA a plus.
- At least 6 years managemnt experience in leading a capability development function preferably in a fast paced consumer organsiation or Telco
- Trainer of Trainers (ToT) certification
- High level project management skills
- Strong “networking” skills to build successful working relationships at all levels, leveraging networks to drive change.
- Effective communicator of ideas, proposals, issues and implications to inspire action.
- Proven ability to achieve results collaboratively through others in cross-functional teams.
- Aptitude to be innovative, supportive, analytical, results-oriented and efficient is a must.
Regional RTC Development Lead
No of Positions: 2 vacancies
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Regional RTC Development Lead within the Channels & Distribution Division that will be located in Greater Western and Nairobi. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the RTC Transformation Lead, the position holder will drive RTC strategy across Safaricom value chain by building a world class route to customer system. This is a commercial position aimed at building RTC development knowledge and awareness within the salesforce as well as with key stakeholders, to drive customer loyalty and demand
- Create advantaged Route to Customer in all Regions, focusing on salesforce effectiveness, distributor management, advantaged trade terms, commercial plans and demand forecasting
- Ensure execution of our customer and consumer programmes and therefore transform Route to Customer in order to establish this as an area of competitive advantage to ensure we win now and in the future
- Develop a proper RTC leveraging on our distribution channel and propose deliverable actions, plans and initiatives to accelerate growth
- Own, develop and drive the relationships and the commercial agenda through influencing customers
- Gather insights on prevailing market dynamics to grow numeric distribution
- Implement tactical and strategic plans to beat competition
- Implement distributor operational effectiveness to required standards
- Reviewing distributor performance to gain insights and target impactful activities with desired Return on Investment (ROI)
- Drive contact with Regional Safaricom distributors. Hold regular business reviews with key distributors focusing on growth drivers
- Develop and implement a Capability training program for the Distributor Leadership Team in conjunction with Commercial Ops, Finance, HR, etc.
- Initiate and take leadership in implementing motivating incentives to the distributor/partner teams to support new route to market
- Build productive working relationships with customers (Internal and external) and regional sales team
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 6 years management experience in a FMCG with experience across commercial and other functions
- Demonstratable experience in managing distributors/partners in an assigned jurisdiction
- Demonstratable experience in developing and implementing Joint Business Plans (JBPs) with partners
- Strong track record in People Management and delivery in in a matrix organization
- Experience in developing and implementing capability programs for partners
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Well-developed commercial awareness and customer focus
- Deep analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing
Frontline Marketing Operations Lead (Retail, Trade & Terminals)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Frontline Marketing Operations Lead (Retail, Trade & Terminals) within the Channels & Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head Frontline Marketing, the role holder will Lead communications strategy development and execution across the marketing mix (Digital, ATL/BTL) in Trade, Terminals and Retail including cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders like Regions, RTC, Segments, Brand as well as external agency partners in order to plan breakthrough consumer experiences.
Responsible for development of the craft for the Regional Activation Execution Teams. Key role purpose will include management of trade assets, channels/trade brand standards and Neon brand execution.
Regional Sales Support
- Collaborates with Regional Business Lead for the ideation, planning & budgeting, production and implementation of all trade activities, including point of sales materials and promotions
- Supports regional teams in the execution of the activities and in achieving their sales and budget objectives, while ensuring the desired product benefits and brand values/equity are properly communicated
- Ensure that merchandising standards (PICOS)are set, communicated and adhered to
- Planning and coordinating Channels events and activities
- Oversee the execution and performance of all trade marketing programs created to enhance the presence of Safaricom brands in defined relevant channels
- Lead the Regional trade marketing implementation to attain defined business objectives
- Collate identified shopper insights to feed into the trade marketing strategy and translate them into winning shopper experiences
- Responsible for managing and implementing branding for Terminals, Retail and Trade in line with brand guidelines
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Oversee all agencies providing services on all marketing matters
- Analyze market conditions and make recommendations to develop trade promotion plans; create strategies to promote advertising offerings and motivate trade partners.
- Analyze performance of all marketing programs in Retail, Trade and Terminals to identify the best opportunities for optimization.
- Support brand strategy to ensure that all marketing elements enhance and leverage the brand equity in the Region
- Lead merchandising and field team efforts across the Regions
- Formulation of demand plan in Retail, Trade and Terminals for sales marketing programs and projects.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, tracking and reporting on key sales initiatives including campaigns, promotions and activations.
- Determine new opportunities and trends by conducting ad hoc analysis to obtain market insights
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the Territory Marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field
- 6 years management experience in Sales & Marketing
- Member (MCIM) Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma is an added advantage
- Demonstratable experience in Marketing, including knowledge of Marketing strategies, Channels and Branding
- Experience in managing ATL, BTL and through the line campaigns
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights and transforming them into marketing innovation
- Deep understanding of total commercial spend, experience managing large marketing budget and media investment decisions
- Experience leading marketing communication & execution projects
- Experience in Sales Distribution will be of an added advantage
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action to drive innovation in media mix decisions and strong business results.
- Action-oriented with the ability to think and react quickly to changing circumstances
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times, adaptability, and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
- Working knowledge in visualization platforms and customization (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
Frontline Marketing Intelligence Lead
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Frontline Marketing Intelligence Lead within the Channels & Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head Frontline Marketing, the role holder will be responsible for delivery of all market intelligence and building compelling analysis to support the business and the decision-making process across Sales and Operations to drive growth based on market data findings and insights.
The role holder defines and implements all market reporting/ dashboards / consolidations requirements to monitor execution in the market and use all available data and market knowledge to generate market insights to identify avenues for optimization, new opportunities, and drive growth.
The role holder provides actionable insights in the areas of Market Analysis & Research and Consumer/Shopper Behavioral Research.
- Develop and implement the market intelligence and insights strategy
- Build appropriate business intelligence on past trends to build future forecasting tools to support marketing programmes
- Define & implement all market reporting/dashboards/consolidation requirements to monitor Safaricom performance in the market
- Communicate strategy and analytic results in an actionable and non-technical manner to leaders
- Use all available data and market knowledge to generate market insights, identify opportunities and drive growth
- Interpret data, write reports and provide actionable recommendations
- Lead Quarterly Insights Meetings to ensure bottom-up and top-down intelligence sharing
- Lead cross-collaboration on market research, advanced analytics initiatives, stay informed on market insight advances
- Evaluate market trends with concrete recommendations for optimization of business portfolio and strategy
- Conduct routine business analysis including key drivers and opportunities for improvement
- Lead ad hoc business analysis on key issues such as innovation performance, event/seasonal performance, business segment performance, etc.
- Mine data sources for cross market learning and provide implications for current and new business opportunities
- Partner with relevant COEs to identify and operationalize opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with Research Tribe to understand the company’s position vs. competitors, recommend opportunities for improvements
- Analyze potential market and product gaps across the company’s new and existing products along with value added products
- Determine new opportunities and trends by conducting ad hoc analysis to obtain market insights
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline: statistics, quantitative psychology, math, economics/econometrics, or other quantitative decision sciences
- 6+ years of progressive business experience in market research, business analytics, data-driven decision making
- 4+ years of experience working in a fast-moving consumer goods company and/or data – analytic supplier with track record of working in multiple marketing data science focused projects
- Experience leveraging analytics methods including techniques such as sentiment analysis, segmentation to enable effective decision making.
- Excellent communicator with ability to distill complex issues into clear, concise communications
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing large amounts of data.
- Function as a key business partner to understand business needs and operationalize into analytical projects
- Working knowledge in visualization platforms and customization (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
Commercial Excellence and Retail Strategy Lead
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Commercial Excellence and Retail Strategy within the Channels & Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head Route to Customer, the role holder will build a clear commercial and retail strategy and plans for the short, medium and long term to protect and grow Safaricom’s volumes and market share, monitoring of commercial team performance and coordination of commercial operations
- Coordinate all sales projects Automation, Analytics, Commercial Standards, Scorecards and ensuring that the desired results are achieved whilst promoting a culture of continuous improvement in the function
- Coordinate all sales projects and programs including automation and benchmarking against great commercial practices across Safaricom markets and other industries.
- Provide leadership in tracking commercial performance metrics and global commercial reporting, clearly articulating opportunities to help close business gaps. Working with business leaders to identify market trends that impact performance with a lens on the competitive landscape
- Spearhead the Controls and Compliance workstream for the Commercial team and ensure compliance and effective use of processes in the work environment.
- Monitor current and emerging trends in the commercial front end of the business, recommending and pushing through breakthrough strategy that drive sales
- Sales growth driver – development, measurement and tracking (3rd Party Audit Analysis) and performance insights, market & competitor monitoring, analysis and reporting whilst developing Commercial Insights.
- Assessment of team capability to deliver, recommending, selecting and implementing training programs for field teams. Liaison for functional training with HRBPs and support in consequence management.
- Management of the Commercial Strategy& Operations Team to deliver superior operational support to the Safaricom commercial department, within stipulated annual budget
- Build alignment across stakeholders and trade partners, leading to significant step change in commercial effectiveness through the team as well as the wider organization
- Define and align the Retail Franchising Strategy to ensure achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Leverage on partnerships to drive rollout of franchise outlets in the territories
- Work with the Regional Business Leads to grow franchise outlets that will create service experience excellence
- Prepare and monitor Retail and Franchising roll out plans and operational budgets.
- Coach to optimize performance of team members
- People & performance management
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Demonstratable experience in development of Strategy, financial modeling and forecasting to drive business outcomes
- At least 6 years Commercial leadership experience in a Telco or an FMCG
- Ability to recognize business critical activities and ensure organization is fully lined up to support.
- Ability to translate business objectives into benefits for customers and consumers in a compelling commercial argument
- Ability to translate raw data into useful insights to drive business objectives
- The role is a key leadership position in Safaricom and is expected to work as part of a cross functional team encompassing Regional Sales, Supply chain, Finance, Risk, Legal etc. The incumbent requires an understanding of how the total Safaricom market dynamics play and how Safaricom can leverage and unlock business growth
Business Governance and Operations Lead
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy of Business Governance and Operations Lead within the Channels & Distribution Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head Route to Customer, the position holder will be responsible for tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analyses and monitoring key OKRs
- Identify areas of efficiency across all business procedures
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise
- Oversee processes that meet business objectives and ensure compliance
- Monitor financial data vis a vis performance and recommend solutions that will improve performance
- Manage data collection for updating operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, and deliver excellent customer service
- Spearhead audits, and ensure implementation of the recommended audit actions
- Provide advisory support management on designing, implementing and enhancing business controls
- Facilitate the flow of information to the Regions on key actions that can be taken to uplift performance
- Provide business insights to address key issues in trade affect delivery of key OKRs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Coach, guide and lead the Business Governance and Operations team
- Ensure that the team delivers business expectations and that the team is fully motivated, engaged and energized
- At least +6 years management of sales experience in a fast-paced organization
- Strong general and financial management & operations
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or CIMA)
- A proven track record in drawing on experience when making decisions and analyzing plans
- Proven ability to lead audits and implement Governance structures.
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools such as IDEA, ACL.
- Experience in managing business operations.
- People management, with the demonstrated ability to motivate and grow high performing teams.
- Financial and account reporting experience
- Excellent reporting, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification will be an added advantage.