Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Law jobs, ICT jobs, Safaricom jobs, Telecommunication jobs,
Senior Officer Cyber Security Assurance – (21000641)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Design, the successful candidate will lend support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Safaricom’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS, Vodafone CSB standards etc… The candidate will also provide timely security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight timelines.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Safaricom’s systems/infrastructure
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, CIS and Kenya Data Protection Act
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
- Degree in Information Security/Computer Forensics/Computer Science/Information Technology or other relevant Technical Degree
- Information security certifications e.g. CEH/CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CPTP/OSCP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE are also preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate competency in the use and administration of ethical hacking tools e.g. KALI Linux, Metasploit, Nexpose, Nessus, Nmap, BurpSuite etc…
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Information Systems Security – e.g. Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, ICT Audits, Pre-and-Post Implementation System Reviews etc…
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Networking and Operating Systems e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows (All), Unix, Linux etc
M-Pesa Africa: Legal Counsel
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within M-Pesa Africa reporting to the MD – Mpesa Africa / Finance Director- Mpesa Africa with a dotted line reporting to HOD Legal & Secretarial Services – Safaricom.
- To act as Business Partner to the Mpesa Africa Group and be the key legal interface into the Mpesa Markets where required and other key stakeholders across the group
- To provide skilled and specialized professional legal services, with an emphasis on contractual drafting, negotiation and review, legal research, legislative watch, and regulatory support on an ongoing basis.
- To provide specified departments/units within the Mpesa Africa and across the Mpesa markets where required skilled and specialized professional legal services.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Negotiating & gaining the buy-in of NEW customer contract including but not limited to agent, merchant, utility, Business-to-Business, Business-to-Customer, and International money transfer (IMT) contracts and any new functionality as may be added from time to time.
- Ensuring suitability & updating existing customer contract templates e.g. consumer T&Cs, Agent agreements, B2C and C2B contracts, etc. in line with changing or evolving features and functionalities of the M-PESA Service.
- Design and implement in conjunction with Risk Management, clear pre-contractual vetting processes for potential M-PESA Africa partnerships.
- Implementation of changing Risk Control measures recommended for the M-PESA Africa Business, through enforcement of contracts. This is to be done in conjunction with the Risk Management Division.
- Where required liaise with Vodafone & Vodacom Group dedicated legal resource on delivery of joint targets in relation to the legal relationship between Safaricom and Vodafone on M-PESA related matters e.g. Trademark matters, M-PESA managed service agreements, IMT (international money transfer) agreements.
- Participate and actively contribute to stakeholder review sessions on legislative issues materially affecting Financial Services, such Anti- Money Laundering, Electronic Financial Services, and Communications etc.
- Regulatory engagement: liaise with relevant regulators to ensure Safaricom remains responsive to regulatory concerns; ensure Safaricom earns/maintains the trust of financial service regulators; participate in the policy formulation and regulatory drafting process;
- Ensure timely submission of monthly and ad hoc reports as may be requested.
- Dispute management for litigation matters that arise from M-PESA contracts.
- All reporting related to the role
- Assist in negotiating renewal terms for facilities obtained from our lenders;
- Liaise with Finance to resolve issues as they arise;
- Provide general legal advice to Finance on a case-by-case basis.
Apply if you have:
- Degree in Law from a reputable commonwealth university with minimum 2nd class honors (or equivalent) and completion of Diploma of the Kenya School of Law;
- An advocate of the high court of Kenya of at least 5 years standing;
- Other post-graduate diplomas or certificate courses suitable for the role in legal matters such as arbitration/mediation & negotiation skills, AML, IP, Legislative Processes/Drafting, etc.
- 3 years practical/demonstrable experience in commercial law, company law, and financial services law.
- Excellent working knowledge of telecommunications and IT legal and regulatory environment, e-commerce/m-commerce.
- Good knowledge of civil and criminal procedure codes
We are happy if you have:
- Experience in engaging regulatory bodies
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.