Data Science jobs, Research jobs, Project Management jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
Sales and Marketing Officer (Watu Gari)
- Deliver value through marketing and providing oversight of repo and re-sale of vehicles units contributing to Gari’s profitability.
- Co-ordinate with auctioneer on delivery of repossessed vehicles at select yards for storage.
- Ensure timely advertising of ready for sale units.
- Co-ordinate with the office in handling clients who regain ownership of the units after arrears clearance.
- Showcase the dealership’s vehicles and explain their features to customers.
- Answer customer questions about cars, financing and purchase process.
- Accompany customers on test drives, collecting licenses and documentation beforehand.
- Negotiate car prices and trade-in values for customers’ vehicles.
- Coordinate with the financing team to determine each customer’s financing and ownership options.
- Contact past customers to ensure they are satisfied with their vehicles.
- Maintaining a customer database and communicating with them.
- Assisting customers with completing the relevant paperwork required for a successful sale to be processed.
- Maintaining reporting structures’ and recording sales and inventory.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Collaborating with team members to reach sales targets.
- Assisting with the set-up of showroom and promotional displays.
- Responsible for selling cars, trucks and vans for private and commercial use.
- Prepare sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Degree/diploma in a business-related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the business.
- Ability to drive and possesses a valid driving license.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicles, finance options and sales processes.
- Ability to influence sales through in-depth understanding of customer needs, wants.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to coordinate sales with the financing department and/or other Salespeople.
- Knowledge and passion for vehicles.
Environmental, Social and Governance Manager
- Facilitate the development and implementation of company’s environmental and social impact strategy in line with the mission, vision and values. Contribute to the development and revision of annual work plans and strategies for the organization.
- Develop tools and instruments for data collection, reporting and analysis and oversee the implementation of the environmental and social impact monitoring including data/information collection, analysis and quality control.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to continuously improve the monitoring and evaluation processes and systems. This includes benchmarking and partnering with subject matter experts to share experiences and good practices.
- Document the environmental and social impact monitoring process and develop hands-on resource materials for staff and partners aimed at fostering the sharing of lessons learned and good practices within the organization. As required, coordinate and/or facilitate internal reflection and analysis meetings/workshops.
- Design and implement on the field research to develop case studies looking at the impact of Watu and its partners. Coordinate the compilation of quarterly, bi-annual or annual progress and summary reports.
- Confirm that materials and /or ingredients are ethically or environmentally sourced in line with the environmental strategy budgets.
- Act as a champion for environmental and social issues within our organization by proactively leading the implementation of environmental and social policies and practices.
- Keep abreast with all relevant national legislation and ensure alignment with international environmental and social standards and best practice in particular, the International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental Health and Safety Guidelines, International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Steer team performance and undertake necessary appraisals as per company performance management cycle.
- Build team capacity by identifying gaps and developing appropriate trainings. This includes developing, implementing and monitoring the impact of focused training programmes on environmental and social matters for the executive management and employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Must be NEMA certified
- Experience conducting impact assessments and/or managing the E&S impacts
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with two (2) years managing and coordinating monitoring and evaluation systems at organizational level in multi-country programmes
- Two (2) years international experience in Africa will be an added advantage.