- The supportive role is to ensure that projects are completed within the defined scope, budget, and schedule while adhering to the terms and conditions of the contract. Advise on any non-compliance from the contract and guide on contractual approach to the Projects for best outcome.
Contracts Management, to include:
- This will include taking responsibility for all Contractual Management aspects of a project from inception through to close-out and use.
- Contract Management: The Contract Manager is responsible for thoroughly understanding the terms and conditions of the contract, including scope of work, project specifications, deliverables, milestones, payment terms, and more.
- Risk Management: The Contract Manager is to identify and manage potential risks related to the contract, including legal and financial risks. This involves anticipating and addressing issues that could lead to disputes or delays.
- Change Management: The Contract Manager evaluates change requests, negotiates with the parties involved, and ensures that changes are properly documented and approved.
- Cost Control: The Contract Manager in collaboration with Cost Controller is to assist in monitoring project costs and ensuring that the project stays within the budget outlined in the contract.
- Schedule Management: The Contract Manager in collaboration with PMO is to assist unit in ensuring that the project stays on track and is completed within the agreed-upon timeline and to identify the causes delay and mitigate their impact.
- Communication: The Contract Manager is to assist in facilitating clear and effective communication between the employer/client, the contractor, and other stakeholders involved in the project addressing concerns, providing updates, and resolving any issues that arise.
- Documentation: The Contract Manager is to support PMO in maintaining accurate and organized project documentation, including contracts, change orders, meeting minutes, correspondence, and other important records.
- Dispute Resolution: The Contract Manager is to help facilitate resolution by engaging in negotiations, seeking mediation, or even involving legal counsel if necessary.
- Quality Assurance: The Contract Manager in collaboration with PMO is to ensure that the work performed by the contractor meets the quality standards outlined in the contract and applicable regulations.
- Closeout: The Contract Manager is to oversee the project closeout process, which includes ensuring that all contract deliverables have been met, final payments are processed, and any necessary warranties or guarantees are provided.
- Marketing and business development, to include:
- Support in developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients
- Working with the team to construct bids for new works
- Attending networking functions as required
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates, and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Company database and Best Practice library
- Cost management – Support where applicable utilizing the company cost management systems in order to keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Training and Mentoring – Identifying and proposing training requirements for Contracts Management and mentoring staff as required
- Staff Management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management; recruitment interviews, resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Any other relevant work-related duty assigned to you from time to time by the management
- Degree in Quantity Surveying by a recognized educational institution.
- Documented Eight (8) years or more working experience in the field of Quantity Surveying with a professional Quantity Surveying / Project Management / Engineering firm or in a contractor’s office.
- Proven experience in road construction/building construction sector
- Highly organized, rational and able to make decisions
- Experience of multi-functional operations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with project management software and tools.
- Legal knowledge related to contracts and construction law is a plus
- This is a full-time on-site role for a Recruiter. The Recruiter will be responsible for sourcing potential candidates, conducting interviews, performing candidate assessments, and extending job offers. The Recruiter will also be responsible for developing and implementing recruitment strategies, maintaining candidate databases, and building relationships with potential candidates and clients. This role is located in Nairobi County, Kenya.
- Experience with end-to-end recruitment.
- Experience working in a fast paced Recruitment Agency/ HR Consulting Firm as a Recruiter or in Talent Acquisition.
- At least 3 years experience.
- Experience with Offer negotiation management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with sourcing techniques and tools such as Boolean Search, Job Advertising etc.
- Client management during the recruitment process.
- Should be a problem solver. The ideal candidate should be able to think on their feet and come up with solutions
- Ability to assess candidates and understand job requirements
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and databases
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience in the African job market is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject:
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- “Contract Manager” to: firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 12th January 2024
- Apply to email@example.com with the subject title as Recruiter.