Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Social work jobs,law jobs,political science jobs,Psychology jobs,Humanitarian jobs,
Regional Safeguarding Specialist
Key Job Roles
- Lead the implementation of the Safeguarding policy and procedures and facilitate the structural embedding of safeguarding across Regional and country operations
- Oversee the functioning of Safeguarding investigations and ensure accurate and proper close-out of investigations, survivor support mechanisms are in place adhering to the principles of confidentiality, impartiality, fairness and sensitivity of investigation.
- Lead in the roll-out, awareness creation, training and capacity building of all staff in line with the Safeguarding priorities.
- Work with the Regional HR Director and Director of People & Strategy and to map out a clear process for vetting & reference checking including implementation of the misconduct disclosure scheme. S/he will create the legal framework available and the HR teams to ensure that these checks are rolled out, ensure that all staff are checked in line with agreed protocols.
- Providing on the ground Safeguarding support and expertise during humanitarian emergencies in the region and drawing up lessons learnt
- Support in Country office teams in conducting Safeguarding assessments, setting up processes for community complaints mechanisms and that they are mainstreamed into program design.
- Provide technical advice and support to Country Offices in coordination with Country Directors, Safeguarding focal points and HR teams
- Provide technical advice and guidance to Country Offices and Regional Teams in coordination with Action Against Hunger International Safeguarding policy and protocols
- Create a close work relationships with the Safeguarding Community of Practice members in the Network, Region and Countries
- Work with the Regional HR and Regional Director’s to deliver a coordinated Safeguarding services to Country Offices
- Lead, alongside Safeguarding focal points, on Safeguarding related data collection, auditing and reporting in the organization and donor requirements.
- Ensuring that action plans are in place at HEARO and country office regional level to facilitate continuous improvement in the prevention of and response to safeguarding reports
- Work with Country Office teams to ensure that Community Complaints Mechanisms have a safeguarding lens and adequately cover safeguarding needs.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a field related to humanitarian assistance and international development, psychology, law, political science, development studies, gender studies, social work.
- Minimum 10 years humanitarian work in emergency and/or development context (experience in Horn and East Africa Region an added advantage)
- At least 5 years of Safeguarding experience with sound knowledge and understanding of organizational Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policies
- Certifies training in Safeguarding investigations
- Proven experience in managing Safeguarding investigations
- Training in interview skills and techniques or mediation techniques
- Understanding and experience of the first phase of humanitarian response and the unique pressures faced in this period
- Experience developing safeguarding resource materials, including training curriculum, guidance tools and best practice
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Required Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge on current legislation, statutory and other guidance with regards to safeguarding in the region
- Must have previous experience of managing sensitive and serious investigations involving SEA, child safeguarding and trafficking in persons/modern slavery
- Must have a high level of resilience and ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances
- Must have experience of managing organizational change and uncertainty
- Must be able to impartial in the most challenging situations
- Must have excellent problem – solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Highly confidential and discreet
- Proven experience in building and maintaining trust
- Experienced trainer, facilitator, and mediator
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French, Amharic will be an added advantage.
Action Against Hunger Horn and East Africa Regional Office provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status. Action Against Hunger complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Applications close 14th January 2022.