Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
NGO jobs, Education jobs, Training jobs,
Education Technical Assistant – Better Learning Programme
Role and responsibilities
- Carry out community mobilization and awareness creation on the BLP and AEP project activities and register children and youth for learning.
- To prepare comprehensive work plans that will enable teachers plan appropriately for BLP activities
- To ensure that BLP content is delivered using learner friendly methods as per the BLP curriculum.
- To monitor in a participatory manner, the implementation of the BLP curriculum is completed within the appropriate time.
- To ensure that BLP teaching is thorough and learners are able to apply knowledge and skills acquired.
- To cooperate and support the entire team of teachers and facilitators in the project.
- To distribute teaching and learning materials and other requirements on time and keep clear records on the same.
- To submit progress reports to the Project Officer monthly or otherwise as may be required.
- Promote close working relationship with other stakeholders.
- Create awareness among refugees and the host community on the project activities and forge cooperation with other community education and psychosocial support activities.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Have at least five years of teaching experience in Primary School, pre-primary or any other formal or non-formal learning institution.
- Experience in community development initiatives
- High level of personal integrity and sensitivity to adult psychology.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills.
- Knowledge on use participatory and learner centred methods, children rights and the global education standards
- Experience in Project Management in humanitarian/recovery context
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold P1 certificate/Diploma in education from a reputable institution
- Must have undergone training in and demonstrate a strong mastery of the BLP approaches.
- Have at least 5 years teaching experience in primary school
- Understanding of child protection issues in schools and working with PTAs in addressing them
- Experience in working with children with disabilities/special needs education
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good knowledge of English and Swahili
- Knowledge of local Turkana language will be an added advantage