Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
NGO jobs, Education jobs, Training jobs,
Education Technical Assistant – Better Learning Programme
Role and responsibilities
- Carry out community mobilization and awareness creation on the BLP and AEP project activities and register children and youth for learning.
- To prepare comprehensive work plans that will enable teachers plan appropriately for BLP activities
- To ensure that BLP content is delivered using learner friendly methods as per the BLP curriculum.
- To monitor in a participatory manner, the implementation of the BLP curriculum is completed within the appropriate time.
- To ensure that BLP teaching is thorough and learners are able to apply knowledge and skills acquired.
- To cooperate and support the entire team of teachers and facilitators in the project.
- To distribute teaching and learning materials and other requirements on time and keep clear records on the same.
- To submit progress reports to the Project Officer monthly or otherwise as may be required.
- Promote close working relationship with other stakeholders.
- Create awareness among refugees and the host community on the project activities and forge cooperation with other community education and psychosocial support activities.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
- Have at least five years of teaching experience in Primary School, pre-primary or any other formal or non-formal learning institution.
- Experience in community development initiatives
- High level of personal integrity and sensitivity to adult psychology.
- High standard of English methodology including oral skills.
- Knowledge on use participatory and learner centred methods, children rights and the global education standards
- Experience in Project Management in humanitarian/recovery context
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold P1 certificate/Diploma in education from a reputable institution
- Must have undergone training in and demonstrate a strong mastery of the BLP approaches.
- Have at least 5 years teaching experience in primary school
- Understanding of child protection issues in schools and working with PTAs in addressing them
- Experience in working with children with disabilities/special needs education
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good knowledge of English and Swahili
- Knowledge of local Turkana language will be an added advantage