Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Sales and Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
Sales and Marketing Expert (Green Construction Sector)
- The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) is a 6-year and €114 million programme funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 200,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund supports initiatives in 23 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions, and that contributes to their personal development and social protection.
Consultancy – Sales and Marketing Expert (Green construction sector)
- The purpose of the role is to provide technical advise to our Implementing Partner (IP) specializing in the waste-to-value recycling value chain in the green construction sector and support the client to develop a robust sales and marketing strategy, lead in optimizing marketing efforts for the client marketing campaigns. Suitable for applicants who have experience working in the Sales and marketing development in the informal sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, and especially in Kenya.
- CFYE requires a Sales and Marketing consultant in Kenya to work with one of their Implementing Partners (IPs) in strengthening their marketing function and support implementation of strategies for generating sales aligned with business targets, develop marketing drives\campaigns to increase visibility for an alternative product to a conservative green construction products market. developing and refining their supply chain strategy. The success of this client’s business model is dependent on the stimulated market demand of the final products- the green construction materials. If this is delayed, the whole value chain is affected- the client will not be able to make substantive sales of these most-needed construction materials. As the client rely solely on the continuous sales of their end products which are used for insulation, an improvement in their marketing not only view these products but also how this attitude translate into increased sales is key.
- The IP has partnered with government Institutions such as KIRDI to develop and operate waste-to-value recycling value chain plant specializing in conversion of sugarcane bagasse to home insulators.
Objectives and Activities
- Expert to support MycoTile to strengthen their marketing function
- Support implementation of strategies for generating sales aligned with business targets.
- Includes review of existing IP’s sales and marketing plans.
- In consultation with IP’s staff, develop marketing structures, roles, processes and forecasting plans for next 2 year marketing plans and provide recommendations on visions for expansion past 2 years
- Develop marketing drives\campaigns aimed at increasing visibility for the green construction product- insulators.
- Conduct capacity gaps assessment of sales people including merchandisers, and offer sale and marketing training,
- Support in recruiting and coaching of sales and marketing teams
- Overall IP’s recommendations: Based on all the reviews and development work done, document and discuss with the key staff, key recommendations, tips, or strategies for future improvements that the IP should work on.
- Attending management meetings on Marketing strategies and advising and challenging the proposals.
- Advising the management and promoting the company’s existing brands including introducing future products to the market.
- Researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends, and suggesting system improvements to achieve the company’s marketing goals.
- Advising on maintaining relationships with important clients through understanding their needs, and anticipating new marketing opportunities.
- End of assignment reporting on activities and impact
- Sales and marketing report covering marketing drives and initiatives conducted,
- Implementing strategies for new sales plans and advertising.
- Recruitment, coaching, and completed for marketing and sales teams
- Sales turnover projections for the next 5 years
- The consultant will report directly to the Country Lead and work closely, on a day-to-day basis with the Implementing partner’s sales and marketing and other staff..
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in marketing and business development
- Up to date with trends in social media marketing, online marketing
- Demonstrated experience in designing marketing and sales strategies for different business models
- Excellent planning and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Knowledge in Information Technology
- Demonstrated best practice in marketing processes
- Demonstrated experience working in value chain development and especially in Kenya or Sub-Saharan Africa context, and developing market strategies
- Previous experience advising or working with private sector preferable
- Demonstrated experience working with small fast growing companies
- Marketing experience in the informal sector
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations
- Innovative and collaborative
- Strong communication skills – an ability to clearly communicate (both written and oral) complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Basic knowledge in office suit (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong business acumen
Level of Effort
- Up to 21 days over a period of 3 months (1st July – 30th September 2023). The assignment will start in or by July 2023.
How to apply
- The closing date for this role is Monday 26 June 2023.
- Please apply by sending a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the role. Please also attach your CV (maximum of 3 pages long)