Get a job with NGOs, the UN & International Organisations
Earn a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Find details here
Social Sciences jobs,Management jobs,Risk management jobs,Development studies jobs,
Africa Safety and Security Advisor
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
– Serve as the organization’s Security Focal Point for Africa, providing security policy guidance and security management support to the HFH entities in the regions, enabling effective program planning, implementation and delivery within the framework of all HFHI security policies and procedures
– Ensure the mainstreaming of security into all levels of program design, implementation and delivery through the substantive monitoring of ongoing and future projects and program, providing innovative and proactive support, direction and solutions where required
– Review the impact of current, as well as future potential security factors and trends on HFHI planning, program design and delivery, as well as the possible impact that program design might have on the safety and security, ensuring that possible support measures are identified, and improvements are implemented
– To protect and minimize the risk to HFHI staff, project personnel, property and operations in all locations and at the same time enabling Habitat for Humanity program delivery throughout
– Maintain a security network with colleagues with the aim of ensuring coordination and collaboration of the actors of the NGO Security and Private Sector security networks within the Africa region
– Formulate and manage the annual work plan and related budget, initiates budget revisions
– Ensure that costs and expenditures remain within budgeted and approved limits through quarterly monitoring
– Ensure mainstreaming of costs related to implementation of security measures into programs/projects
Threat and Risk Assessment:
– Lead departmental security risk identification and mitigation measures that align with organizational and regional security risk-management standards and requirements
– Assist Branches and National Organizations in implementing and maintaining security risk management across the region ensuring security risks are identified, mitigated and managed
– Inform the development Safety and Security (S&S) procedures and practices which integrate with gender and Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) support associated roll out and adherence
– Provide input, including comprehensive security risk analyses and recommendations, to the AVP and the Regional colleagues
– Inform AVP and Global Safety and Security Director of any areas of concern, non-adherence to HFHI policy and procedures
– Ensure safety and security risk management processes and best practices are inclusive of gender and LGBTQ+ specific risks and gender equality and diversity is embedded into such processes
– Ensure that HFH partners receive security management support benefiting from internal systems and best practices relevant to their operations and operating contexts
– Prepare the Regional Daily Situation Report
Security Management Planning and Compliance:
– Remotely and through a minimum of one visit per country per year, monitor and support adherence to Policy, principles, standards and requirements. Provide a follow-up report with clear findings and actionable recommendations after each visit. Monitor progress and report concerns to regional and global Security leadership
– Ensure Country security focal points are preparing and sharing accurate safety and security reporting, ensure data consistency and report into global dashboards
– Prepare twice yearly regional snapshot of safety and security management
– Support HFH entities within region with safety and security yearly assessment of standard and requirements, definition and monitoring of improvement plans, and progress follow-up
– Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences, international politics, management, or a related security field
– Formal training in security risk management
– A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in advising on security policies and protocols around staff awareness and safety measurements
– Knowledge of security budget management and costing
– Previous experience of working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment is an asset
– Practical experience from work in, and knowledge of, the security environment in Africa
– In-depth knowledge of security management and risk management
– Knowledge of INGO business, operations and programming cycle
– Fluency in English both written and verbal
– Fluency in French both written and verbal is an advantage but not a requirement.
Active support of HFHI Values & Commitments:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 14 JANUARY 2022
Regional Change Management Specialist (EMEA)
Change Management Planning and Coordination:
*Stakeholder identification and management
*Participate in global change management planning and ongoing monitoring of adoption
*Promote and facilitate related change management activities
*Prepare, review and distribute change communications materials
*Maintain the Global Impact 2025 website and preparation of related area-level updates for posting
*Coordinate with internal and network communications team on overall approach and content
*Coordinate engagement opportunities and logistics arrangements at Area Office and National Organization levels
*Support the design and facilitation of virtual workshops in service of change initiatives
*Collect and promote feedback from network membership on progress, direction, and content of change projects
*Facilitate learning agenda development across the network and lead tasks to institutionalize cross-sectoral, cross- country & regional learning and collaboration, and internal and external learning activities and events.
Data Collection and Analysis:
*Collect data related to change projects
*Contribute to the analysis and presentation efforts where appropriate
*Regular feedback on how efforts related to the transformation plan can improve
*Drive improvement opportunities to better serve the Area stakeholders
*Serve as a local ambassador for change, building credibility and legitimacy for the transformation plan at all levels within the network
*Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as International Development, Project Management, Organization Development, Development studies etc.
*Minimum of 5 years’ experience in MEAL, Org. Development, Change Management, Program Operations, Learning & Capacity Building or related field.
*Expertise in facilitation and training in both large, formal settings and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring.
*Experience in Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA).
*Strong command of English language both written and spoken.
*Willingness to participate in global meetings (most often coordination calls take place between 7-11AM EST).
*Strong operational knowledge of O365 Suite.
*Active support of HFHI Values:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
– Safeguarding – HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
*Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity International or a member of Habitat’s affiliated network.
*Familiarity with systems thinking principles in management.
*Knowledge of change management theories, tools and practices.
*Experience of Organizational design and process improvement.
*People and Organizational Change expertise.
*Excellent stakeholder engagement and communications skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’d like to join the global team and you qualify within the specified job requirements, submit your motivation letter and CV as ONE DOCUMENT in English to Human Resources at email@example.com .
DEADLINE: Closing date for applications is 28 January 2022.